[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Composure and discipline will be huge. Having veteran players like Cole, Myers, and Zadorov on the team will help the younger players follow a method of reaction. The age old adage of never let anyone goad you into a fight rings true. 

Stay out of the box unless you are sure you can bring a guy. That PP is lethal 

apropos of nothing, if we needed any more evidence that "don't you" is a killer goal song, it's the only goal song the canucks have ever had (that ANYBODY'S ever had) that will randomly pop into my head a day or two after a game, when my body knows it's time for more hockey. 

i hope to hear it 7 times tonight. 

24 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Everyone seems to have us written off and I think it’s funny. 

This may be the most complete Oilers team in years, peaking at the right time. I get the hype.

But like you, I can't understand why our 1st-place division finish seems to count for nothing. This will be the story of a brilliant but topheavy team going up against a less spectacular but very complete one. I hope their flaws turn out to have a greater impact than their gamebreakers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theochar said:

Canucks in 4 get ready you heard it here first.

5-1 tonight they break Silovs shutout with 1:30 left to get the moral victory 

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

I could see use beating them in 4 much more than them beating us in 4. I think the Oilers are a much more fragile team in the sense that if we get to their defense and/or goaltending they can fall apart but more likely I think it’ll go 6 or 7.

3 minutes ago, tas said:

apropos of nothing, if we needed any more evidence that "don't you" is a killer goal song, it's the only goal song the canucks have ever had (that ANYBODY'S ever had) that will randomly pop into my head a day or two after a game, when my body knows it's time for more hockey. 

i hope to hear it 7 times tonight. 

Simple minds goal song sucks ass to be fair but I hope to hear it 7 times as well.

Just change it next year please

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theochar said:

Simple minds goal song sucks ass to be fair but I hope to hear it 7 times as well.

Just change it next year please

your take is bad and wrong, objectively. 

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

This may be the most complete Oilers team in years, peaking at the right time. I get the hype.

But like you, I can't understand why our 1st-place division finish seems to count for nothing. This will be the story of a brilliant but topheavy team going up against a less spectacular but very complete one. I hope their flaws turn out to have a greater impact than their gamebreakers.

The oilers finished pretty strong where as our performance seemed to taper off after the all star break. I can see why the oilers would be the favorite. Bottom line, whichever team doesn’t play to their potential will be out. Go Petey.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

you'd think, but nope. 

Nope.

Objectively refers to a viewpoint or approach that is unbiased, impartial, and based on facts and verifiable evidence.

Subjectively refers to a viewpoint based on personal feelings, tastes or opinions. 

Ergo, what you're presenting is subjective, as you did not provide any facts or verifiable evidence to support your hypothesis. I love the song, by the way, subjectively. 

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The oilers finished pretty strong where as our performance seemed to taper off after the all star break. I can see why the oilers would be the favorite. Bottom line, whichever team doesn’t play to their potential will be out. Go Petey.

and yet the teams' respective records were nearly identical in that timeframe. 

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I agree with tocchet there, i mean the leafs and kings have a lot of playoff experience and yet they still can't find a way.  Let's learn faster and adapt quickly. 

Hope we bust hymen up.

The problem with To. is their roster construction; 50% of cap hit to the holy 4 core. Our GM/pres know how to construct a winning roster better than To. They’ve done so much in a year and we’ll be better in 2 more years.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Nope.

Objectively refers to a viewpoint or approach that is unbiased, impartial, and based on facts and verifiable evidence.

Subjectively refers to a viewpoint based on personal feelings, tastes or opinions. 

Ergo, what you're presenting is subjective, as you did not provide any facts or verifiable evidence to support your hypothesis. I love the song, by the way, subjectively. 

I know what words mean, bro.