[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Probably been posted ,.  But their line up,. has our forecheck game set on attack !!

Not a single NHLer on that blueline if Ekholm sits, and they're playing a goalie who wouldn't make a decent ECHL team.  

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Probably been posted ,.  But their line up,. has our forecheck game set on attack !!

That's not their line-up, Those guys just took practice off. Dry is playing second C.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I really respect his take and feel he usually is right on the money. One of my favourites.

He definitely was a beacon of hope during the past dreadful decade of Canucks hockey, especially while the likes of Drance, Sekeres & Price, etc would endlessly shit on the team. Even Don Taylor was guilty of this. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

This is SO awesome.

My suggestion is don't tell him where you're going...just tell him it's a birthday road trip. Print some clues and at each rest stop give him one. Corny idea...but I did something similar with my son when he was young and HE loved it.

Some ideas for the clues along the way:

We're stopping for a drink and snack

Stick with me, no turning back

Let's stretch our legs and take a rest

To prepare us for the journey's test

I'm stopping now to check the oil

Sure hope the surprise isn't spoiled

I have to stop for gas it seems

Fill the tank up for this team!

As you get near the rink and he starts to likely figure things out...

The perfect gift, I tried to pick it

Here son, hold our GAME 5 TICKETS!!

I'm so lame.

But it's the thought that counts.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Meh, not surprised tbh. 

During the Benning era, many people on CDC accused IMac of being a corporate shill for the Canucks for his overly positive reporting. Not saying I agree with those claims, but out of all the Canucks media members, he tends to defend the organization the most. 

It is more how combative he is against outside media more than anything that is impressing me. 

It is one thing to be oppomistic and defensive but other to go to war against his national peers. 

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Meh my indoor soccer team was all forwards and no goalie coz our goalie was injured and we have no one that defends or willing to block shots with their body lol

our garage band had 5 guitar players and none of us were any good..

• Haha 2

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

our garage band had 5 guitar players and none of us were any good..

My lawn was cut with a gas powered mower and I used an electrical cord. 

All good. 

• Cheers 1