All things Rugby

Bllewellyn

Just gonna open this up for a discussion on the rugby World Cup going on in France.It started at the beginning of September kind of surprised no one else’s started a discussion on it. In my opinion, the best game has been between Wales and Fiji last weekend. If you have a chance to see it, I recommend you watch it goes down to the last few seconds of the game I know B.C. has a large rugby community so hopefully we get some good discussion about the game going forward, and maybe in the future we’ll see Canada there .

I believe most games are carried on TSN and on different apps as well as dazn. 

Today’s games are Scotland and Tonga and then at noon is Wales Australia

• Cheers 2

Friday, September 29 at noon Pacific time is the next most significant game in the World Cup in my opinion, with New Zealand’s opening lost to South Africa. This game will decide whether New Zealand makes it through to the next round or not. Italy is sitting above them in the pool., so if New Zealand hopes to pass through to the next round they need to win Italy is big strong and could upset them. Yes, the odds are against that happening but that’s why you play the game.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 2:14 AM, Bllewellyn said:

Friday, September 29 at noon Pacific time is the next most significant game in the World Cup in my opinion, with New Zealand’s opening lost to South Africa. This game will decide whether New Zealand makes it through to the next round or not. Italy is sitting above them in the pool., so if New Zealand hopes to pass through to the next round they need to win Italy is big strong and could upset them. Yes, the odds are against that happening but that’s why you play the game.

italy wasn't up to the task tonight.. i was looking forward to a strong showing of them, just to rub it under nose of one of my best friends who's rooting for the all blacks.. 

23 minutes ago, phil.d.thrill said:

italy wasn't up to the task tonight.. i was looking forward to a strong showing of them, just to rub it under nose of one of my best friends who's rooting for the all blacks.. 

that’s to bad I’m going to watch the game later tonight. I figured it would be hard-pressed to win this game the AB  having their backs against the wall I couldn’t see them losing.

Last game of the day was a good one to watch. It was Fiji and Portugal Portugal finally won its first ever World Cup match Fiji however, stayed within seven points and is going to advance into the next round talkabout backing your way in,and it was a good game despite a lot of sloppiness 

• 2 weeks later...

Tough day for the AB, but they, really, beat themselves.  Penalties, turn overs and some bad decisions cost them.  Sure tye officials weren't great, but they simply made too many unforced errors.

Classic SA game though........they are a tough line to get anything going against.

• Like 1

what a battle, what a drama.. it wasn't the prettiest to watch, i guess not many expected it to be, but it definitely wasn't boring.

the AB had their chances but couldn't convert.

the springboks played to their strengths, they're so relentless and just find a way to win. Du Toit was a beast with his 28 tackles.

• 6 months later...

I don't believe this needs it's own thread, but I do think it deserves to be mentioned....

The Canadian Women's Rugby team just beat World Cup Champion, New Zealand in winning the Pacific Four series. It's the first time they've ever beaten the Black Ferns and it moves Canada into the #2 spot in world rankings, behind England.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/canadian-women-score-historic-rugby-win-defeating-world-cup-champion-new-zealand/ar-BB1mEdQl?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=2358503aeb524c60bb56bb3f4346a5ec&ei=45

Fancy Bermudez scored two tries as Canada recorded a historic rugby win over New Zealand on Sunday, holding on to dispatch the reigning World Cup champion 22-19 and win the Pacific Four Series.

The Canadian women had lost all 17 previous meetings with the Black Ferns, with 10 of those defeats by 27 points or more. The six-time world champions won 52-21 the last time they met, last July in Ottawa in the same tournament.

The closest Canada has come to a win was a 16-8 loss in Tauranga in June 2014, a match that marked the only time New Zealand had failed to score 20 points against Canada.

"I feel like we've been knocking on the door and pushing to make a statement on the world stage for Canada for a while now," said captain Sophie de Goede.

The milestone win moved the Canadian women to No. 2 in the world rankings behind England, replacing New Zealand and equalling their highest-ever position (last reached in November 2016). Canada started the tournament at No. 4, but moved past France into No. 3 after beating Australia 33-14.

"We worked so hard for the last, well it feels like for ever, and then having this outcome," said an emotional Canadian prop DaLeaka Menin who earned her 55th cap

The Black Ferns have never been lower than No. 2 in the rankings, which were introduced in February 2016.

@Bllewellyn : Maybe you could change the title of the thread to "All Things Rugby", so this thread can be the go-to for any Rugby news....

I'll throw that suggestion out to @Ribs, @Sharpshooter, @-AJ- and @Roger Neilsons Towel just in case the thread's author is no longer around. (I don't recall seeing them post anywhere else on these boards)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• Ribs changed the title to All things Rugby