[Waivers] October 2, 2023

Allvins eyes are lighting up with some of this Euro talent!

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him take a flyer on Lucas Carlsson.

Looks to be a two way defender that broke out offensively in the AHL last season. Could be a late bloomer that is a better puck mover than some of our other depth guys. Wish he was a righty.

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

Assisted on Petterssons first NHL goal 🤑

He didn't actually, Elias Pettersson is actually forever tied to prestigious Canuck king Loui Eriksson 👑

Assisted on his first goal, was instrumental in being part of his first assist

Long live king Loui 👑

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201810030VAN.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

He didn't actually, Elias Pettersson is actually forever tied to prestigious Canuck king Loui Eriksson 👑

Long live king Loui 👑

Behold! LEs first 2 points as a Canuck!

For real. Props on you finding a video of Loui registering an NHL point. These are so rare they moo.

Edited by 27 Percent
  • ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, 27 Percent said:

Behold! LEs first 2 points as a Canuck!

For real. Props on you finding a video of Loui registering an NHL point. These are so rare they moo.

The sad thing is that he was a pretty good player until he signed in Vancouver and decided he wouldn't even attempt to play like an NHLer.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Long live king Loui 👑

Wow! I always thought it was Pouliot but he was the first one to hug Petey I believe.

So much optimism from that game… Goldobin with a goal and an assist. Virtanen a goal. Morale must have been high for the future haha

long live King Loui 

Gudbranson broke Hamonics face too that game 

Edited by Devron
Real Gud
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The sad thing is that he was a pretty good player until he signed in Vancouver and decided he wouldn't even attempt to play like an NHLer.

I've never seen a player flip a switch like that ever. 

Incline/decline is usually a pretty gradual thing in terms of quality of play. That guy was an nhler one min, and echo quality the next. 

Edited by 27 Percent
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, 27 Percent said:

I like asplund, but I'm not sure there's room. He's a good bottom 6 C but doesn't bring a tough element like other 13th forwards like stud and Joshua do. 

Asplund is miles better than Joshua... I'd happily take him if we didn't already have SOOO many wingers.

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Injuries didnt help and his utilization was not what we signed him for. Defensive responsibilities and played around 30% of his time with the twins in his first season, which was reduced more and more year by year. He played a strong defensive game, hard to shine offensively if start the majority of your shifts 200ft away from the net

16 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Injuries didnt help and his utilization was not what we signed him for. Defensive responsibilities and played around 30% of his time with the twins in his first season, which was reduced more and more year by year. He played a strong defensive game, hard to shine offensively if start the majority of your shifts 200ft away from the net

He was constantly getting demoted because he was playing like complete trash in both ends and wasn't making any effort to stop doing so.  Sadly we didn't have a coach with the sense to send that useless piece of trash to the press box where he belonged.

9 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I'm happy both Woo and Rathbone cleared. Now, with Irwin clearing too, we have call up options when injuries happen.

I think Rathbone has one more year in this organization to prove he can play, else he's going to be seen as a career AHL'er to this mgmt group. Given Woo has different tools, I think he will have more rope, but if he improves and doesn't take a spot next  year, he's the type someone may steal on waivers after next year's camp.

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He was constantly getting demoted because he was playing like complete trash in both ends and wasn't making any effort to stop doing so.  Sadly we didn't have a coach with the sense to send that useless piece of trash to the press box where he belonged.

Weird because his on ice save % in Van was .910oiSV%

2-3x more take aways and rarely any give aways

his CF% was always higher than his zone start %
52oZS% his first season with Van and he continually became much more depended on in the dzone. 
Hardly on for any goals against. His worst oiGA was 37oiGA in 81GP with 61.7dZS% at 5v5.

If you think he was trash in the dzone, you might be watching the wrong sport. 

Any coincidence our PK sucked king kongs dick when he left?

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Weird because his on ice save % in Van was .910oiSV%

2-3x more take aways and rarely any give aways

his CF% was always higher than his zone start %
52oZS% his first season with Van and he continually became much more depended on in the dzone. 
Hardly on for any goals against. His worst oiGA was 37oiGA in 81GP with 61.7dZS% at 5v5.

If you think he was trash in the dzone, you might be watching the wrong sport. 

Any coincidence our PK sucked king kongs dick when he left?

The game is played on the ice, not on a spreadsheet.  Bottom line is that it was obvious to anyone who was watching that the way that lady floater was playing wasn't acceptable at any point during his time here.  He was worse than useless.