Jackson Kunz | LW

13 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Nice to see Kunz score a couple, but what a crazy lopsided exhibition game! One of the better NCAA Div 1 programs matched up against one of the weaker teams in USports, and the results were what you’d expect. Shots finished 59-6. Just pure domination by UND. Probably could’ve been a lot uglier than 10-0, if not for some heroics by Manitoba’s goalie.

• 1 month later...

Anyone watching his game against Colorado College right now? Other than what I read in CFF and the ol' CDC, I know nuthin' about this kid.  But wow; 6'3" LW, 220plus lbs. What I've read thus far that Kunz' issue is his skating. Is he still one of ours or what. I mean we drafted him in the 2020 draft. That's like eons ago, man!

He's #29 and plays 3rd line. Kinda' hard to be engaged in this game. My only reason for such is curiosity regarding our prospects.

I guess I'm kinda' weird in that, if I see an NCAA men's hockey game on the TV schedule; I'll see what teams are involved. Then I go online to check out the rosters of each team. If any list a Canuck prospect, I PVR it. That Boston University game earlier last months with Willander and the Cellebrini bros was alright though. 

So far Kunts seems.....meh. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

Anyone watching his game against Colorado College right now? Other than what I read in CFF and the ol' CDC, I know nuthin' about this kid.  But wow; 6'3" LW, 220plus lbs. What I've read thus far that Kunz' issue is his skating. Is he still one of ours or what. I mean we drafted him in the 2020 draft. That's like eons ago, man!

He's #29 and plays 3rd line. Kinda' hard to be engaged in this game. My only reason for such is curiosity regarding our prospects.

I guess I'm kinda' weird in that, if I see an NCAA men's hockey game on the TV schedule; I'll see what teams are involved. Then I go online to check out the rosters of each team. If any list a Canuck prospect, I PVR it. That Boston University game earlier last months with Willander and the Cellebrini bros was alright though. 

So far Kunts seems.....meh. 

He was one of two home run swings that we took. The name of the other kid escapes me. 

Big forwards going to NCAA, and unlikely to hit. 

Jackson Kunz and the other dude (Jack Malone?) 

22 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

He was one of two home run swings that we took. The name of the other kid escapes me. 

Big forwards going to NCAA, and unlikely to hit. 

Jackson Kunz and the other dude (Jack Malone?) 

Well.  According to info I looked at in the ol' CDC Prospects, Malone went back to NCAA Cornell for the year. He turned 23yrs.old a couple of months ago. He's a RW. Not as big or heavy as Kunz; certainly not undersized though at 6'1" at 190'ish pounds.

I guess these types kinda' fall under the radar because of their choice to  remain in the college circuit. I don't know diddly when it comes to retaining rights of such, and them becoming/choosing to sign or make themselves free agent type stuff. 

We don't hear much about later round picks unless they're really making some kind of freaky progress I guess.

• Upvote 1