VGK revealed their golden Stanley Cup ring

2 hours ago, brilac said:

Oh that's snazzy, and I like! 

I like that you can remove the top piece and wear it around a gold chain! 

Total BLING! 

I think the coolest part about it that you can see a tiny T-mobile arena inside the ring and showing all winning SOG positions. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

It’s been a long time to see a Stanley Cup ring in all gold, all of the past rings are platinum?  I’m not surprised they would go with that to fit with the team. 

Not surprising, given Vegas. I assumed platinum was more valuable, but as it turns out, gold is more than twice as valuable as platinum currently.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not surprising, given Vegas. I assumed platinum was more valuable, but as it turns out, gold is more than twice as valuable as platinum currently.

I’m assuming that gold is probably easier to mine and you can pan for it, compared to platinum. 

2 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

It’s been a long time to see a Stanley Cup ring in all gold, all of the past rings are platinum?  I’m not surprised they would go with that to fit with the team. 

for some teams gold clashes with their team colours. Platinums better

8 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I wonder how many dudes are going to lose that detachable top piece.

Seems to me that they will be more inclined to wear the necklace more often than that big ass ring lol!  I think it's a great idea.  Love the creativity and practicality having the necklacr option.  Would be nice because lets face it... 99% of championship team players don't wear their ring much... Just special occasions.  Way to cumbersome and flashy to just walk around with in public.  Ar least with the necklace, you can tuck it under your shirt.