Game 1:

Garland - Petey - Kuzmenko

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Beauvillier - Blueger - Lafferty

Joshua - Suter - Hoglander

Hughes - Juulsen

Cole - Hronek

Brisebois - Myers

Look there are definitely holes there to be exploited, namely Juulsen and our bottom pairing. Our bottom 6 is a bit all over the place but they work hard so should hold their own. Really we're just hoping that all these (relatively useless) supplementary players support our stars enough to thrive as a team.

16 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It's soft but it is what it is. Gonna be a tough start to the season me thinks.

It's not like teams are hard hitting out of the gate either, we have time to adjust, and I think our depth pieces are tougher than last year's.

If we can maintain 0.500 hockey by American Thanksgiving, we have a chance. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DSVII said:

It's not like teams are hard hitting out of the gate either, we have time to adjust, and I think our depth pieces are tougher than last year's.

If we can maintain 0.500 hockey by American Thanksgiving, we have a chance. 

It's the defense which is scaring me after Hughes and Hronek. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

1 minute ago, JoGuitar said:  Podz did not make the team, they had to put him in opening roster to create room for his bonus cushion in order to be able to take his cap later in the season. 

oh man.. that's too bad. I think he will figure it out. 

He's got the package to be a good NHLer.  Hope with the Sedins help, he will get his hockey IQ boosted.  My feeling is he will get called up this season. 

18 minutes ago, JoGuitar said:

Podz did not make the team, they had to put him in opening roster to create room for his bonus cushion in order to be able to take his cap later in the season.

See: https://canucksarmy.com/news/canucks-wont-able-call-up-vasily-podkolzin-opening-roster-performance-bonuses

• Thanks 1

Be interesting if its a Brisebois-Juulsen 3rd pairing .... they were JC's go-to guys when both were healthy and in Abby together (alternatives I guess, absent more shuffling, would be Juulsen with Hughes and Beezer with Myers)

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Be interesting if its a Brisebois-Juulsen 3rd pairing .... they were JC's go-to guys when both were healthy and in Abby together (alternatives I guess, absent more shuffling, would be Juulsen with Hughes and Beezer with Myers)

Either way has its pros and cons, for sure.

If I’m Tocchet, and I’m not, I run with  Hughes-Hronek and Cole-Myers using Breezer-Juulsen about 14-16 minutes rather than watering down the whole lineup.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It would be smart to take a moment to remember the lineup the team iced for opening night last year and realize the improvements that have been made since then. Although at first glance they may seem minor the bottom six players and the defense has to be considered a little better than the previous season.

Lets wait until the team returns from their first road trip before we decide how much more work needs to be done and to offer our complaints.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Reg said:

It would be smart to take a moment to remember the lineup the team iced for opening night last year and realize the improvements that have been made since then. Although at first glance they may seem minor the bottom six players and the defense has to be considered a little better than the previous season.

Lets wait until the team returns from their first road trip before we decide how much more work needs to be done and to offer our complaints.

A Canucks Forum jump to conclusions early on? 

Never!

• Haha 1

Not a fan of two decisions:

1. Love Podz, but he did not play well enough to make the team IMO. Needs to be in Abby.

2. I do not understand Brisebois over Wolanin. I guess they feel he's defensively sound.

Otherwise, it's fairly expected. Podz may go down again once Mikheyev is back.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

1. Love Podz, but he did not play well enough to make the team IMO. Needs to be in Abby.

2. I do not understand Brisebois over Wolanin. I guess they feel he's defensively sound.

Is Pods coming up just a paper move though so the club can maximize LTIR? A couple posters suggested this earlier and posted some cap stuff too. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I agree, Podz could use a little more time. We'll see how badly he wants it. He is only 22, so it's not like he's a write-off. 

I'm sure glad Wolanin cleared. That should be quite the D in Abby. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Is Pods coming up just a paper move though so the club can maximize LTIR? A couple posters suggested this earlier and posted some cap stuff too. 

Might very well be the case.