Cole McWard | RD

It's a shame that we cannot retrieve all of the old posts on the players profiles from the past few years. There was some really good dialog in many of them. If any of the CDC'ers on here have some memorable postings of various players I suggest you go to the old site and clip and save those posts for here. Lots has been lost due to the change from the old site to this one.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
spelling

12 hours ago, cripplereh said:

McWard was an awesome signing by management!!!

He might make the team and stick.

The games i watched him one thing struck me was his smarts. Maybe a tad overwhelmed initialy, which will disipate with confidence. Looks like a a smart choicee

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

@-AJ- Should probably be in either the Abby page or the Vancouver page as he is more that just a prospect now IMO. He will play in Abby if not for the big club

This section is "Prospects/Farm Team". Since Abbotsford is the farm team, he belongs in this section. Once a player is called up to the Vancouver team, we move them to current rosters.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

This section is "Prospects/Farm Team". Since Abbotsford is the farm team, he belongs in this section. Once a player is called up to the Vancouver team, we move them to current rosters.

My mistake. I thought the farm team would be where the player profiles would be placed and the prospects were the unsigned or signed but playing in jr, NCAC etc.

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Anyone have any progress on McWard? How's he been looking in Abbotsford as of late? 

His stats don't jump out. Last I checked, he's got like 1 point in 5 games? 

From what little I have seen of him; it appears that he is more focused on the defensive side of the game right now. He is 3rd in points for D-men on the team and +11 which is only behind Bains for best +/- on the team.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Anyone have any progress on McWard? How's he been looking in Abbotsford as of late? 

His stats don't jump out. Last I checked, he's got like 1 point in 5 games? 

He is much better defensively now. playing like he wants to be on the big team. the points will come when he sticks to the plan

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

From what little I have seen of him; it appears that he is more focused on the defensive side of the game right now. He is 3rd in points for D-men on the team and +11 which is only behind Bains for best +/- on the team.

Jet Woo is at a +26, McWard is a plus 6. I think Woo is closer to going up to the big boys, he plays defensive allowing the Wolanin, Hughes, Heronik, Myers of the world to go deep.

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

Jet Woo is at a +26, McWard is a plus 6. I think Woo is closer to going up to the big boys, he plays defensive allowing the Wolanin, Hughes, Heronik, Myers of the world to go deep.

sorry my spreadsheet was wrong ha ha. But Woo has been really good, or more ready than McWard. And Woo takes out guys left and right.

• Cheers 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2024 at 8:15 AM, AK-19 said:

To those who watched them both play, is McWard or Woo the better player?

It kind of feels like McWard has the higher ceiling as a player. Woo's older, and he hasn't been able to crack the Canucks roster. Could be a good NHL journeyman, depth NHL/AHL tweeter kind of player.