Hugo Gabrielson | D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hugo had a goal today for Vasterik.  He seems to be completely forgotten on these boards.  I haven't seen him play, but he is a 1st pairing player in the Allsvenskan every game and he is only 21.  DPetey is younger, but is playing 3rd line minutes in the same league.  

I'm not saying Hugo is a great prospect or anything, I am just wondering why is his completely ignored?

• Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, DixonWard said:

Hugo had a goal today for Vasterik.  He seems to be completely forgotten on these boards.  I haven't seen him play, but he is a 1st pairing player in the Allsvenskan every game and he is only 21.  DPetey is younger, but is playing 3rd line minutes in the same league.  

I'm not saying Hugo is a great prospect or anything, I am just wondering why is his completely ignored?

Good question. Weak coverage of him for sure

3 hours ago, DixonWard said:

I honestly forgot we still held his rights. Which is kind of funny because I did like his potential when he was drafted.

A quick check shows him with 20GP, 4G, 3A, -2. That's less points in more games than D-Petey while being 2 years older. He's also playing top pair on what is, points-wise, the 2nd worst team in Allsvenskan, the worst team when it comes to regulation wins with 4 in 24 games.

Pretty typical 6th round swing and, most likely, miss at this point.

5 hours ago, DixonWard said:

He had great potential last year but got his development stunted by a serious injury. 

Not only did it cut his season short, but he also couldn't participate in one of the development camps. 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

• 1 month later...