[Speculation] NHL Rumors: Latest On Phil Kessel Free Agency Talk

NHL Rumors: Latest On Phil Kessel Free Agency Talk

Phil Kessel is one of the top free agents still available for the taking. According to David Pagnotta, two teams are interested in signing the three-time Stanley Cup champion but first need to move out salary before a deal can be finalized. 

Pagnotta did not specify the specific teams who are seriously interested in signing Kessel, but it certainly seems possible that he will find a new home soon because of it. It ultimately makes sense, as he is still a decent third-liner who can produce offense while playing limited minutes. With that, he is playmaking ability makes him a valuable asset to any club's power play. 

Kessel spent last season with the Vegas Golden Knights, where he posted 36 points in 82 games. Although he no longer produces like a star, that is still decent production for a player in a bottom-six role.

We will need to wait and see if Kessel ends up signing a deal in the upcoming days or weeks from here. 

Michael DeRosa 

Monday, October 16, 2023

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2023/10/nhl-rumors-phil-kessel-generating.html

Just now, King Heffy said:

Highly doubt he'd want to deal with the media here after his time in Toronto.  He's still a good guy to have in the room and can help out a scoring third line.

Totally disagree. He's not the type of player you want on the third line, at least not the third line I want to have. Nor do I think he's good in the room. In fact, I don't think he's good at too much other than scarfing back hot dogs and hamburgers

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Totally disagree. He's not the type of player you want on the third line, at least not the third line I want to have. Nor do I think he's good in the room. In fact, I don't think he's good at too much other than scarfing back hot dogs and hamburgers

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/he-never-drank-water-the-hard-work-and-humour-behind-kessels-iron-man-record/

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

As much as I enjoy making fun of Phil on internet memes, I have a hell and a lot of respect for him:

• Professional NHL player who averaged 30 goals a year in his peak
  • Cancer survivor
  • 3 time Stanley Cup Champion
  • Terrific sense of humour

Don't think he is a player we look at bringing in at this stage, but while in PIttsburgh, it was rumoured that him and Tochett really got a long and that's why he got traded to Arizona to get reunited with him.

Anyways, best of luck to him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

Which city has the best hot dogs? This will narrow down the list! 

I don't think we are even considering signing him. 

I once saw a cart on Main Street that had a sign, boasting they had the best hotdogs in the world, so....welcome to Vancouver Phil 😜

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Hairlines and hotdogs aside, I think he'd be great here, a definite upgrade in our PP2 and even on the 3rd line for that matter.

He is a good guy, and a consummate pro, wherever he lands he will serve them well.

I wish him luck.

6x6m, get it done 

• Haha 2