Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

3 hours ago, runningback33 said:

Dodgers and Padres play the first 2 regular season games of the season in Seoul South Korea 3am pacific Wednesday and 3am pacific Thursday

Is it weird having your opening games at a time hardly anyone in the US will watch them?

18 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

So if anyone’s cares baseball that counts…Dodgers/Padres is on at 3am on TSN 4/5 same time and channels for Thursday too..

I care inasmuch as whoever is playing the Dodgers automatically becomes my send favorite team this season....

Go Padres! :towel:

• Cheers 1

looking back to the time the Jays had

Danny Jansen

A Kirk

G  Moreno

And looking at Danny's injury history, really making me think they traded the wrong catcher for Daulton Varsho.

Jansen has missed a crap ton of games, a lot seem to be hand injuries, guy just can't get his hands out of the ball's way.

Nice to see Arjun get his first dinger of the Spring.

BTW: I you haven't see Sportsnet's 4 part documentary about baseball in India, you should check it out. I  found it very interesting.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Blue Jays send IF Espinal to Reds for minor league pitcher McElvain

https://www.tsn.ca/mlb/blue-jays-send-ss-santiago-espinal-to-reds-for-minor-league-pitcher-chris-mcelvain-1.2093024

Just yesterday Dan S. and Buck were talking about Espinal and Clements basically fighting for the same spot on the roster.

Battle over- Clements wins.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

This also involves illegal sports betting. 

Sports betting isn't legal in California.   The bookies house has been raided. 

Not only is betting on baseball a no no for MLB players, but it is also a no no to bet on anything through illegal sports bookies.  

This story is only getting started. 

• Cheers 1

Nice to see that the Padres batted around and knocked Yamamoto out of the game in the 1st inning. I don't really expect it, but it would be nice if it became a common occurrence this season....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/yoshinobu-yamamoto-lasts-one-inning-in-dodgers-debut-vs-padres/

San Diego held on for a 15-11 win....

• Cheers 1