2023-2024 Season Ticket Thread

WalkWithElias

28 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

I believe that membership card is the gift card 

Thank you! Yes, I can see the gift card on the back. Whew! I thought they forgot about me haha. I went to the game on Saturday and Iron Maiden last night, so I'm super tired 🙃

4 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Got my card yesterday.

Are you talking about the card where the Canucks give you your own money back in the form of a credit on a card that forces you to spend even more money on overpriced food, drinks and "stuff"?   That Card ?   

(Genious Marketing!)

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 10:41 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

Are you talking about the card where the Canucks give you your own money back in the form of a credit on a card that forces you to spend even more money on overpriced food, drinks and "stuff"?   That Card ?   

(Genious Marketing!)

My card must be different, because I've never been forced to spend more money over the amount on the card.   And as for it being my own money... well, sure.  That's not really a newsflash.  Would I prefer they just knock $200 off my purchase price?  You bet I would.  But since that ain't gonna happen, I might as well use up the card so as not to leave any of my own money on the table.

Edited by SerenityNow
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

So my benefit offer was concert and events in club 500 I’ve entered 3 draws and have yet to win anything yet …. Just my luck I guess

Awww. I haven't heard anything about which benefit I got. 

29 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

My card must be different, because I've never been forced to spend more money over the amount on the card.   And as for it being my own money... well, sure.  That's not really a newsflash.  Would I prefer they just knock $200 off my purchase price?  You bet I would.  But since that ain't gonna happen, I might as well use up the card so as not to leave any of my own money on the table.

Lots of teams don't even give gift cards and the Canucks don't have to! It's a nice way to show their appreciation of us. 😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

Lots of teams don't even give gift cards and the Canucks don't have to! It's a nice way to show their appreciation of us. 😀

Vancouver is actually the best for extra things.  From worst to best.

Leaf season ticket holders get no gift cards.  Their regular season ticket presale is at face value, but they get to buy a day before the public.  Same for purchasing additional playoff tickets.  Face value but first dibs.  Even at face value, their season ticket holders basically clean the shelves.  

Flames season ticket holders get no gift cards.  Same as the Leafs for regular season presale.  But for playoffs, they allow you to get 4 additional seats at season ticket cost.

Oilers season ticket holders get $100 per seat.  Same as the Flames for addition regular season and playoff tickets.  They also get vouchers for free Oil King tickets, 4 free seats per pair of season tickets.

Seattle, no gift cards.  Regular season presale, 4 seats per game at season ticket cost.  Playoffs, 4 addition seats at season ticket cost.

Vancouver, gift cards.  Presale at season ticket cost up to 8 seats per game.  Plus the upgrade/exchange.  Playoffs, 4 additional at season ticket cost, at least it was in 2020.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Vancouver is actually the best for extra things.  From worst to best.

Leaf season ticket holders get no gift cards.  Their regular season ticket presale is at face value, but they get to buy a day before the public.  Same for purchasing additional playoff tickets.  Face value but first dibs.  Even at face value, their season ticket holders basically clean the shelves.  

Flames season ticket holders get no gift cards.  Same as the Leafs for regular season presale.  But for playoffs, they allow you to get 4 additional seats at season ticket cost.

Oilers season ticket holders get $100 per seat.  Same as the Flames for addition regular season and playoff tickets.  They also get vouchers for free Oil King tickets, 4 free seats per pair of season tickets.

Seattle, no gift cards.  Regular season presale, 4 seats per game at season ticket cost.  Playoffs, 4 addition seats at season ticket cost.

Vancouver, gift cards.  Presale at season ticket cost up to 8 seats per game.  Plus the upgrade/exchange.  Playoffs, 4 additional at season ticket cost, at least it was in 2020.

Absolutely! Thanks for breaking down the teams and explaining the perks (or lack thereof). I love our membership discounts. I've added on 4 games so far for this season and you get your membership discount price. GO CANUCKS GO! 

18 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Take advantage of this, when the team is good, good benefits will be gone.  

OTOH, it will be easier to sell spare tickets.   I look forward to that day.   I remember back when people would come to me asking if I had any spares.   I never had to go looking for buyers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Did the team have member benefits when the team was good was 2008-2012?

We were STH at that time and I don't recall any benefits... but then my memory has a hard time stretching that far back.  Tickets were cheaper then, so you know, there was that benefit.

18 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

We were STH at that time and I don't recall any benefits... but then my memory has a hard time stretching that far back.  Tickets were cheaper then, so you know, there was that benefit.

My favourites benefits I’ve won have been pair of tickets in a 500 level suite for a game , jersey off the back night 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

My favourites benefits I’ve won have been pair of tickets in a 500 level suite for a game , jersey off the back night 

We never got anything that good.  I liked the years - just a couple of years - there were so many choices you had a hard time deciding.  Most of the benefits revolve around kids.  For a while they offered a bunch of gift cards, like to Tim Hortons and all the Aquilini restaurants, or you could get front-row seats for a game, on and on it went.  Now it's down to mostly kid-centered choices, or else you go in a draw so there's no guarantee you will receive anything.

• Like 1

Home opener tomorrow! Yay 😊 

2 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

We never got anything that good.  I liked the years - just a couple of years - there were so many choices you had a hard time deciding.  Most of the benefits revolve around kids.  For a while they offered a bunch of gift cards, like to Tim Hortons and all the Aquilini restaurants, or you could get front-row seats for a game, on and on it went.  Now it's down to mostly kid-centered choices, or else you go in a draw so there's no guarantee you will receive anything.

I'm hoping for the closed team practice for my benefit as the road game benefit is watching it at the Sportsbar (I can just watch the game at home on my own TV haha). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rypper_37 said:

Home opener tomorrow! Yay 😊 

I'm hoping for the closed team practice for my benefit as the road game benefit is watching it at the Sportsbar (I can just watch the game at home on my own TV haha). 

They do give you a free meal and drink at least.  And there are prizes you can win.  

• Like 1