Canucks forum app... sort of

For Chrome Android users, you can also go to the URL, click the three dots at the top right and choose "Add to Home screen". I mostly use the forums on PC, but browse on my phone when I'm bored at work. That's a one-click method that doesn't require any new apps.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

For Chrome Android users, you can also go to the URL, click the three dots at the top right and choose "Add to Home screen". I mostly use the forums on PC, but browse on my phone when I'm bored at work. That's a one-click method that doesn't require any new apps.

Irrc, you can't add an image when doing the one-click method? I like being able to add a Canucks logo, personally. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Irrc, you can't add an image when doing the one-click method? I like being able to add a Canucks logo, personally. 

I suspect it defaults to the website's favicon. if you were to nudge the folks who operate this place ever so gently, I bet you could convince them to change the favicon to a canucks logo. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tas said:

I suspect it defaults to the website's favicon. if you were to nudge the folks who operate this place ever so gently, I bet you could convince them to change the favicon to a canucks logo. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there are legal issues with using a trademarked logo like that, unfortunately. There might be something that's better than nothing though.

40 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are legal issues with using a trademarked logo like that, unfortunately. There might be something that's better than nothing though.

you might be right. I suspect you could get away with using this, which I just whipped up. kind of a subtle play on the perennial jersey debates at CDC. 

the powers at be are welcome to use them if they so choose, they should be formatted more or less correctly. 

PSX_20230916_153509.jpg.59b5bc22309e4fed25e0d891f027b646.jpgPSX_20230916_153309.jpg.6e3cf7a4efa0fd9a9ca91d5d1c4d7c59.jpg

9 hours ago, aGENT said:

Opening it in a web browser doesn't require any new apps either.... You kids and your need for everything to be an app is strange and weird to us old people 😂

LKrM7vF.png

I’m already confused enough having to switch to this forum. Just let me “favourite” this url 😆 and if any whippersnappers think I’m joking… I’m dead seeious.

Edited by arsenalian
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Canuckle said:

I'm old-school... by which I mean I'm just old. I open Firefox, bookmarks, and log in. Don't need me no fancy, schmancy, whipper snapper apps.

It takes 40 button presses to get to here and by God I'm keeping it that way.

old man hand GIF

You forgot to add that you press the 40 buttons, in the snow, while walking uphill. 

Like you did in the old country. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...