Tom Willander | D

On 4/16/2024 at 1:53 PM, kettlevalley said:

Maybe Willander can bring Aidan along too.  They did play some together early in the season and those were Aidan's best games.  

I think Aidan will take a longer path and thats okay.

They are best friends and Aidan is better than I expected when we drafted him so who knows!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, R3aL said:

They are best friends and Aidan is better than I expected when we drafted him so who knows!

Going to be interesting watching the two of them at development camp this summer.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'd prefer to take that approach with most contracts tbh

I get what you're saying, but I was thinking more about the OEL hit/Hughes expiry timeline

Having the first year of his ELC be 25-26 takes it through the worst two years of the OEL buyout and leaves him as a pending RFA with one buyout season remaining

He'd also be a pending RFA the same offseason Hughes is a pending UFA, whether that turns out to be a good thing or not is anyone's guess but it'd have him starting his second deal as Hughes begins what'd probably be his final deal

Yes those couple of years with the better part of 5 million in dead cap are going to be painful. 

Still blows my mind that the Wild have a had a few years of close to 15 million in dead cap. 

It will be interesting to see what management do in regards to signing our UFA's, who they retain, and how much they pay them. 

I have my own ideas however can't be bothered discussing those.

One thing I will say, unless something drastic happens with Hughes, injury, form, he should be the priority signing when his next contract comes up.

He is one player I would like to see, be a Canuck for the whole of his career.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, R3aL said:

Yes Aidan will take a longer path.  Just wonder if Willander can help Aidan be the man in Boston the year after Willander. Development can be a wonderful thing.  Amd not like Aidan doesn't have some pedigree.  

On 4/16/2024 at 11:32 PM, Alflives said:

Yup. Willander will start playing on our D for an elc during the two most costly OElevator buyout years. Nice having management that knows what they’re doing, unlike Benning (the moran).

King Moron

President of the moron society 

• Cheers 1

On 4/17/2024 at 12:23 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d love to keep Lindholm. Hope we can re-sign him to a reasonable contract. He is the best 3C in the NHL and can easily play as a 2C. So much flexibility. 

Don’t forget about Victor Alriksson as well. He is going to be a beast at 6’6”. 

My fear is Victor might be a big body and that's about it. After watching the game last night I was curious to see how Logan Stanley for the Jets is playing. He's a big kid, but I think more was expected from him for the Jets. (25 games 1 goal, 1 assist, he does have 45 hits and 40 blocked shots). I hope Victor develops nicely even to a reliable 3rd or 4th line player. That brings a physical game and a little bit of offensive upside.

• Cheers 1