Tom Willander | D

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Willander will miss the first game of BU's games this weekend due to playing pro in Sweden. He will have to wait til next Friday Oct 13 to make his NCAA debut.

NCAA doesn't mess around lol. I know it's only 1 game, so not a big deal, but still disappointing he's getting punished for dressing for 2 games for Rogle BK despite not getting a second of ice time in those 2 games 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

NCAA doesn't mess around lol. I know it's only 1 game, so not a big deal, but still disappointing he's getting punished for dressing for 2 games for Rogle BK despite not getting a second of ice time in those 2 games 🤷‍♂️

At least he can play in some capacity. One game missed is nothing. Might even give him a leg up on seeing a game first and getting thirsty.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 10:15 AM, PickleCanuck said:

Lame he has to sit out the first game of the season.. but he's gonna have an insane year.

US Colleges are heavy into seniority. Rookies usually get spot duty in the first year.

It's rare that a rookie gets a decent chance at the NCAA level on the first year.

• Like 1

I had a dream that my brother and I were watching a Canuck game and all of a sudden, we realized Willander was playing as an 18-year old. Most impressive thing was, he looked quite good. 

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

US Colleges are heavy into seniority. Rookies usually get spot duty in the first year.

It's rare that a rookie gets a decent chance at the NCAA level on the first year.

He was suspended for one game because he played two pro games I. Sweden last year.  
Nothing to do with rookie stuff, and because of what a young man’s league with yearly turn over, your comment doesn’t really hold true.  

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

He was suspended for one game because he played two pro games I. Sweden last year.  
Nothing to do with rookie stuff, and because of what a young man’s league with yearly turn over, your comment doesn’t really hold true.  

Yup. And the coach was interviewed and said he understands Willander is such a good player he will likely only play one season in college and then go to the Canucks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I think it is true though in University you often see better rookies sat in favor of seniors.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NHLer said:

Hopefully he doesn't get the Wennberg treatment lol...

https://www.davyjoneslockerroom.com/how-alex-wennbergs-family-got-caught-up-in-a-social-media-nightmare/#:~:text=Kraken forward Alex Wennberg%2C and,her husband on her Instagram.

Just read all of that. Holy shit I had no idea. People are insane.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:32 AM, -AJ- said:

I had a dream that my brother and I were watching a Canuck game and all of a sudden, we realized Willander was playing as an 18-year old. Most impressive thing was, he looked quite good. 

That's better than MLK!

To a Canuck fan anyway.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1