Emd trade with nucks

a few more losses and Jay woodcroft will be fired, potentially the Oilers will transform into a bunch of cry babies and shit hawks, this is where we clean up...

suppose RNH or Hyman become available...

Garland for Hyman, we may have to add but not for much... 

everyone will be lowballing the shit out of edmonton.

Silovs, Suter and Garland for RNH and some random plug coming back

3 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Not sure if I'd be a fan of Garland for Hyman.  Hyman is signed long term and is north of 30 years old.  

That contract likely won't age well.  

but he is better than garland NOW... when we are likely having or best chance at winning in over a decade... so he regresses a bit... older teams win cups not younger ones...

NOPE, NOPE , and definitely NOPE. 

I don't see ANYTHING on the Oilers roster that I'd trade for. 

except for maybe their 1st round picks.

so.....Garland for 2024 1st (no protection)

11 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

but he is better than garland NOW... when we are likely having or best chance at winning in over a decade... so he regresses a bit... older teams win cups not younger ones...

They should not be building a team to win right now only. 

Our group is finally coming together and we need to position this team to be competitive for at least the next 5-6 years (if not longer). Hyman is too old to fit that window. We need to add younger players to grow into the team or at least continue to stock the prospects and hopefully we end up with a gem. 

1 minute ago, Bobby James said:

They should not be building a team to win right now only. 

Our group is finally coming together and we need to position this team to be competitive for at least the next 5-6 years (if not longer). Hyman is too old to fit that window. We need to add younger players to grow into the team or at least continue to stock the prospects and hopefully we end up with a gem. 

yes we should... if we can trade garland for hyman IMO Hyman is that much better and garland is not going to get any better... the older players on their last contract will give it their all to win a cup, because there is nothing left to lose, they tend to find another gear.. 30 isnt old, he's healthy and strong...

just read some of the comments... what you say is silly... RNH is amazing... no one in their right mine would say garland is better than RNH... he put up a 100 points...

and Hyman is the perfect top 6 forward he literally has it all

Edited by Dankmemes187

2 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

yes we should... if we can trade garland for hyman IMO Hyman is that much better and garland is not going to get any better... the older players on their last contract will give it their all to win a cup, because there is nothing left to lose, they tend to find another gear.. 30 isnt old, he's healthy and strong...

I agree Hyman is great right now, but again my concern is building this group out for the future not for just the next couple seasons.

Hyman is 31 right now and has 5 years remaining on this contract. So he'll be playing on this deal at 5.5 million until he is 35. I'm not sure how he'll perform in the last 2-3 years of that deal, so that is where my main worry is coming from. 

Unfortunately years of poor cap and prospect management has put the Canucks into a position where we can't waste the limited space we have. The peak of the OEL cap penalty kicks in for 2025 with just under $5 million against the cap. 

26 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

I agree Hyman is great right now, but again my concern is building this group out for the future not for just the next couple seasons.

Hyman is 31 right now and has 5 years remaining on this contract. So he'll be playing on this deal at 5.5 million until he is 35. I'm not sure how he'll perform in the last 2-3 years of that deal, so that is where my main worry is coming from. 

Unfortunately years of poor cap and prospect management has put the Canucks into a position where we can't waste the limited space we have. The peak of the OEL cap penalty kicks in for 2025 with just under $5 million against the cap. 

when the cap rises 5.5 million might be a high paid 3rd liner... right now he is like a top 10 RW... garland is between 60 and 90 or aka a third liner

Edited by Dankmemes187

On 11/4/2023 at 7:36 PM, Dankmemes187 said:

a few more losses and Jay woodcroft will be fired, potentially the Oilers will transform into a bunch of cry babies and shit hawks, this is where we clean up...

Even in fantasy land, if RNH was made available, I'm hesitant to touch this team. 

They're rollin.

Yeah I wouldn't want to mess with the Canucks roster just yet up front, but at the TDL we could certainly use a 3rd line gritty winger who can score. Hyman is a bit old though and expensive for what he's worth and had a lot of success with McDavid and Draisaitl, but surely won't score as much next to Suter.

I think we need to focus on getting a defenceman, as good as Friedman is, he should be in the AHL and we should have a bonified NHLer out there with Cole most of the time.

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Yeah I wouldn't want to mess with the Canucks roster just yet up front, but at the TDL we could certainly use a 3rd line gritty winger who can score. Hyman is a bit old though and expensive for what he's worth and had a lot of success with McDavid and Draisaitl, but surely won't score as much next to Suter.

I think we need to focus on getting a defenceman, as good as Friedman is, he should be in the AHL and we should have a bonified NHLer out there with Cole most of the time.

hyman would take PDG spot :picard: 

Elite Prospects - Team Comparison in NHL i dont need to say no more... but i imagine if you folks cant see the forest for the trees... you wont even bother looking...

On 11/5/2023 at 10:36 AM, Dankmemes187 said:

I'm not interested in any of the above players but *might* be interested in Garland for Evander Kane as some other posters have suggested.  Kane only has two years on his contract after this year. He would definitely add something to the Canucks in terms of his physical play and ability to stick up for teammates.  His possible negative influence in the locker room would be a bit of a concern however.

I'd hang on to both Silovs and Suter.  Silovs is trending to be a legit long term Demko replacement when TD's contract expires while Suter's defensive play has been outstanding (and he's starting to score as well).   

Edited by Jeremy Hronek