'This can't go on for much longer': Sharks GM threatens change if play doesn't improve

Empty threats, how on earth Leon Gawanke did not make this club after he was baited by the team and was told he would even be running their PP when Karlsson left. That guy would have been playing in Germany right now but took a chance and voided his overseas option to join the Sharks. Must be infuriating to see Burroughs running the PP now.

There are younger and better options this team could be playing. The coaches are well respected but I don't know who can take Grier seriously.

1 minute ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Isn’t it already as bad as it gets? Thing is no GM in the league wants any players off that current roster. So it’s trade picks and prospects. I don’t feel bad for them one bit. 

I could see a market for Rutta, Benning as well but I don't see San Jose moving off good contracts like Burroughs and Benning. Gus like Hoffman and Granlund could be a cheap add for a playoff club later in the year. Seems Hoffman has already checked out and doing NOTHING on the ice there.

26 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I could see a market for Rutta, Benning as well but I don't see San Jose moving off good contracts like Burroughs and Benning. Gus like Hoffman and Granlund could be a cheap add for a playoff club later in the year. Seems Hoffman has already checked out and doing NOTHING on the ice there.

Is Hoffman still with that crazy broad? 

It's not like there's much he's going to be able to do short of waiving players, Sharks have very limited trade chips as is. Hertl could require a retainment and has a NMC, after him you've got maybe Duclair, Hoffman, and Barabonov. Maybe they find a taker for Granlund is he starts producing, but that seems unlikely. 

Doubt Couture is moved, but he would likely require retainment imo given his age and three remaining years on his deal after this season. 

Mostly empty threats sound mostly empty. 

• Cheers 1