November 11th

Let's remember all those who served and past and present.   These are some of my Dad's medals from Korea.   He was wounded when their ship was hit.  He was a gunner.  When the ship was hit he was with 4 other men.  He was the only one that survived.   He still had shrapnel in his leg when he passed away a couple years ago at 93.  When Covid hit the South Korean Government sent masks to him and all that served that were still alive.

FB_IMG_1699731620930.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for making this thread. I'm set to inherit my grandfather's medals when my uncle passes away. My grandfather trained with the Princess Pats and deployed with the Winnipeg Rifles in WWII. He never spoke much about the war so some of the history is uncertain, but we believe he was part of the Dutch liberation. All who've ever served have my gratitude and respect.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 112 said:

Thanks for making this thread. I'm set to inherit my grandfather's medals when my uncle passes away. My grandfather trained with the Princess Pats and deployed with the Winnipeg Rifles in WWII. He never spoke much about the war so some of the history is uncertain, but we believe he was part of the Dutch liberation. All who've ever served have my gratitude and respect.

My Dad rarely spoke of the war except a few times.  He made it clear he didn't want that  e served in Korea in his obit.

• Like 1