CFF Late Night Lounge

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

What is bedtime, really? Time for a philosophical discussion.

I typically go to bed shortly after midnight on work days and even later on the weekend.

Bedtime is memetics; that is to say, it is unreal. It's part of the authoritarian-parental axis of power and is the enemy of freedom and truth.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, 112 said:

Bedtime is memetics; that is to say, it is unreal. It's part of the authoritarian-parental axis of power and is the enemy of freedom and truth.

Funny you mention this, those were my exact words to my mom when I was six. All it got me was a slipper to the back of the head from twenty feet.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

What is bedtime, really? Time for a philosophical discussion.

Bedtime is what you make of it.  To some, it's time to shut down and get rest.  To others, it's time for fun and bow-chika-bow-wow.  And to some others, it's "git off muh lawn" time.  It transcends definition.  Except for the bed part.  It can't be bedtime without a bed.  Or some semblance of a bed.  :classic_ninja:

18 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Perhaps. But does bedtime mean sleep time as well? 

Bedtime is accelerationism of sleep time.

14 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Funny you mention this, those were my exact words to my mom when I was six. All it got me was a slipper to the back of the head from twenty feet.

I'm sorry your rights were violated.

hurray for insomnia!

One of the many great things about being retired is you can sleep whenever you feel like it.

So, right now is definitely out, but maybe around 5 am I'll doze for a couple of hours.

Then perhaps a nap between 2-4 pm, should be good enough till next night.

In the old days I'd go for a walk, but the cops got nervous seeing me-got tired of the whole "Who are you and what are you doing?"

I mean how many times do they have to be told "None of your business, until it is illegal to go for a walk"

• Cheers 1

This could go into this thread, the insomnia thread, a thread on health... but since this thread is the one with the most recent activity, I'll post it here.

An article from the CBC about sleep, memory, and possible relationship to dementia.  Too long to quote, so I'll just toss the URL here and a graphic that might help to summarize things a bit.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/deep-sleep-memory-dementia-second-opinion-1.7030143

image.png.ff05f672cf6470d7b96017663fb2e866.png

(note: graphic is from the article)

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

This could go into this thread, the insomnia thread, a thread on health... but since this thread is the one with the most recent activity, I'll post it here.

An article from the CBC about sleep, memory, and possible relationship to dementia.  Too long to quote, so I'll just toss the URL here and a graphic that might help to summarize things a bit.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/deep-sleep-memory-dementia-second-opinion-1.7030143

image.png.ff05f672cf6470d7b96017663fb2e866.png

(note: graphic is from the article)

Good read

Seems 5 hours or less sleep is as bad as 9 hours or more- according to one of the studies mentioned in the story.

Just like all things- looks like moderation is the key.

• Vintage 1