CFFGML - 2023-24

ANNOUNCEMENT: The 2024 CFFGML Trade Deadline has been tentatively set for March 14th at 8:00pm Pacific Time.

The Dates to Remember section on page one has been updated to reflect this.

The date is tentative because the trade deadline always works better when I am home from work to process moves immediately.  If I am stuck at work that day I will push it back to the 15th to accommodate this and give you all an extra day.  I will let you know if this is the case as soon as possible.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Vegas Golden Knights.

To MTL:

spacer.png Brad Marchand

To VGK:

spacer.png Sean Durzi

spacer.png David Reinbacher
spacer.png Brayden Yager
spacer.png MTL 2024 2nd Round Draft Selection
spacer.png MTL 2025 1st Round Draft Selection

Knew MTL was up to no good....

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have no set details on this yet, but fair warning. Expect expansion for next season. Might be one team, might be 2. But most likely at least one, and if so, will be same rules as Vegas/Seattle.

Further details will come as soon as I have them.

Edited by canuck2xtreme

I am very excited for this: I forget how much cap was added for each team that folded..but roughly guessing if its 1 team added our cap totals will also go down by 1/30th of the total? I think it was roughly each teams cap divided by 30 that was added..but i really can't remember the formula. If both teams are added in the offseason, i am sure we will simply go back to exactly the NHL's current cap, right?

currently  $88,725,000 for the GML for 30 clubs

Next years NHL Salary Cap will be at roughly 87.7m for 32 teams.

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.

To LA:

spacer.png Connor Ingram

To TOR:

spacer.png Eetu Luotsarinen
spacer.png CGY 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection
spacer.png LA 2025 2nd Round Draft Selection

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Vegas Golden Knights have made a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

To TOR:

spacer.png Michael Amadio

spacer.png Markus Kallionkieli

To VGK:

spacer.png Jesse Kiiskinen
spacer.png SJ 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection

The Toronto Maple Leafs are ecstatic to bring in Michael Amadio & Eetu Luotsarinen to the team as we push towards our ultimate goal, the GML Championship!

Both players will provide some much needed depth in our bottom 6. We still have some very solid prospects in the cupboard, along with several draft picks. If the right deals present themselves we will be open to pulling the trigger.

CURRENT LINEUP

Screenshot_20240224_152108_Sheets.jpg.7b5b1d993e2c5e4bbdc7094752067fe2.jpg

AHL PLAYOFF DEPTH

Phil Kessel?

Matt Kessel?

Ben Hutton

William Lockwood 

Jake Livingstone?

We are looking to upgrade Colin Miller. Willing to package him with 1 or more future pieces to get that done. He could then be used or flipped as a potential playoff asset, and has 2 years of term left.

We are also looking to maybe package a couple playoff forwards together like Smith & Copp (Smith likely dealt by Pens) for a top 6 forwards.

Also in the market for a goaltender if 1 becomes available.

As of now we are pretty happy with where our team is at as we head into the final stretch of the season. If we can improve we will always try and get something done, but we won't be looking to make any overpayments for mid guys. 

As for our fans. This is it guys. We told you guys this would be our year, and we feel like we have delivered on our promise. All we can do is ice the best team possible and hope they prevail. We are very excited with the team we have put together here, and feel we should be among this year's betting favorites. Let's show the world we can win a Stanley Cup when we have more than just 5 teams to beat. We got this!

Get used to this Toronto Fans. This isn't real life. You guys won't be let down year after year anymore!

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I am very excited for this: I forget how much cap was added for each team that folded..but roughly guessing if its 1 team added our cap totals will also go down by 1/30th of the total? I think it was roughly each teams cap divided by 30 that was added..but i really can't remember the formula. If both teams are added in the offseason, i am sure we will simply go back to exactly the NHL's current cap, right?

It was raised 6.25% to compensate for the added talent spread throughout the league.

We can either drop it to NHL cap immediately, or transition to a 3% inflator next season and then down to NHL cap for 2025-26 to ease the difference down.

Of course that all depends on if it is 1 team or two coming back in.  If it's only one team it will likely be 3% inflator in place.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I vote for 1 compliance buyout for every team if cap is going to just drop like $8M 😆

I am hoping for two new GM's and the subsequent entry drafts for each of them taking a player per club from each GM's current squad: then we can simply adopt the NHL cap and carry on like we are normal, since the GML inflated cap is near enough the NHL's projected cap for next year, with everyone losing two guys..i think it would work out perfectly. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gator said:

I vote for 1 compliance buyout for every team if cap is going to just drop like $8M 😆

It won't drop. The NHL cap is jumping up this season.  If anything ours likely raises again (albeit not as drastically) with the 3% inflator, or stays close to the same if we don't do the inflator.

Once we know what the numbers are and how many teams are returning, we would have a league wide vote to decide how to proceed cap wise.

• Cheers 2

It crossed my mind that the NHL stagger3d the 2 new teams so their rules for each one worked very well, same rules for two expansion teams at once may be weird. 

Suggest the first if there are two is early and the 2nd is before July 1st to stagger them within the one summer. Potentially  do the first one during the 3rd or fourth round of the playoffs where at most 4 teams and a very small number of active playoff players would be 3xposed.   And just move those rare still playing guys once the 4th playoff round is done. Or something similar to space out the two expansion drafts to mimic the way the nhl did one team at a time. 🤔 

I know you guys are thinking about things, and I amb3xcited to get back to a full league of teams, but 2 expansion picking teams at once may be difficult to pull off?