Anyone buy anything today on Black Friday?

20 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I picked up this for my son for Xmas.... a BOSS Katana-50 MkII EX 50W Combo Amp for $100 off.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/314341/...-Combo-Amp.htm

613L1MwcsgL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

images.jpg

Nice amp! I've been a Boss fan since the early '80s....still have my DD3 and Heavy Metal distortion pedals...for amps I've always liked Peavey and Marshalls though, my main is a DSL40C

Hope your son enjoys his new toy! (if he's ever looking to upgrade, I have a bunch of amps, guitars, and gear I might be selling haha)

I've browsed some of the sales online, but nothing really catching my eye. Tempted to check out the Zwilling warehouse sale, but I heard the lineup is insane and I'm not really willing to lineup for an hour+ just for a couple things that I'm not desperately in need of.   

14 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

I have a pair of Canuck license plate holders headed my way.

image.png.4e2eb2429f29556bb901371ea7e07291.png

I wanted to get a jersey, but I am waiting until the Fanatics deal expires.  I am just hoping they can't screw up a license plate holder.

Fingers crossed your license plate holders don't get messed by my Fanatics! #TheHorrorStories

Jersey-wise, Sportchek has some decent sales right now on their website - most of the retail locations in the Lower Mainland are wiped out but when I checked in the early afternoon today, they still had the PrimeGreen Skate, Home, and Away Blanks,, PrimeGreen Hughes (non-A / non-C, and factory customized Home), and Petey (non-A , and factory customized Home). I ordered a PrimeGreen Skate that I am thinking of converting into a Hughes with the C later on.

As a jersey collector, I have always been weary of paying full retail for factory customized, but at their current Black Friday pricing, it is fairly reasonable, without going through the hassle of getting it customized through a third-party company. 

PS. Always appreciate your hard work with the PTSC game! Thank you

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with Sportchek - just sharing my observations!

35 minutes ago, Ghost In a Jar said:

black friday isnt what it used to be. lots of stores out there will raise prices a few months before black friday then drop items back to their original price and say that its on sale. smoke and mirrors to make it look like you are getting a deal when you really arent.

Boxing Day is even worse now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Nice amp! I've been a Boss fan since the early '80s....still have my DD3 and Heavy Metal distortion pedals...for amps I've always liked Peavey and Marshalls though, my main is a DSL40C

Hope your son enjoys his new toy! (if he's ever looking to upgrade, I have a bunch of amps, guitars, and gear I might be selling haha)

He lives in a Condo in Victoria so he only chance he gets to play loud music is when he comes home.

He has 10 guitars so I think he is good for now lol.  I have some pictures somewhere I will try to find.

I bought him a Taylor made last year for Xmas and he bought himself a  $3400 Rickenbacker a few years ago when he moved back because of Covid and they were not allowed in the office.

So he never had to pay rent for 18 months or buy food. 

So he banked a lot working from here.

16 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He lives in a Condo in Victoria so he only chance he gets to play loud music is when he comes home.

He has 10 guitars so I think he is good for now lol.  I have some pictures somewhere I will try to find.

I bought him a Taylor made last year for Xmas and he bought himself a  $3400 Rickenbacker a few years ago when he moved back because of Covid and they were not allowed in the office.

So he never had to pay rent for 18 months or buy food. 

So he banked a lot working from here.

Sweet! He's got some great gear for sure....and ya, gotta crank it up sometimes haha.

I have a Ricky bass, beautiful guitars....my go-to is my early '80s American Strat, sounds so good through the Marshall, or even with my old 75w Randall, has to be the most underrated for amp power ever...it blows the doors off haha, gigged it many times

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Psylocke said:

I've browsed some of the sales online, but nothing really catching my eye. Tempted to check out the Zwilling warehouse sale, but I heard the lineup is insane and I'm not really willing to lineup for an hour+ just for a couple things that I'm not desperately in need of.   

hey gurl

If you get there before 3PM there is like hardly any line plus you can hit the Estee Lauder warehouse sale next door. gurrlll

We bought an upright freezer last month at Costco when ours died. But we decided it wasn’t big enough (16 cu ft), and kept an eye open for deals. Found this:

https://www.costco.ca/galanz-stainless-steel-convertible-upright-freezer-or-refrigerator-bundle%2c-32-cu.ft.-combined-capacity.product.4000227032.html

TWO 16 cu ft freezers, for only $200 more than I paid for one. Oh yeah, and either/both can convert to fridge too. So bought these online, and will return the other one.

17 hours ago, gwarrior said:

I ordered my dog a purple LED dog collar. It was only $22, so I figured why not? Black dog walking at night on a poorly lit street, at least she can be seen now.

I have one. USB charged. They are great. 

My dog is grey, white, and black. She blends in with concrete so I love that she has a bright collar.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Sweet! He's got some great gear for sure....and ya, gotta crank it up sometimes haha.

I have a Ricky bass, beautiful guitars....my go-to is my early '80s American Strat, sounds so good through the Marshall, or even with my old 75w Randall, has to be the most underrated for amp power ever...it blows the doors off haha, gigged it many times

Nice.

I have a PRS but i dont like it as much as my cheap Kramer Baretta for feel.

Hardly play them any more. I have nice little Fender Combo amp. Suits me fine. 

For how mediocre of a player i am, i actually have quite a few axes... 3 acoustics,  an elctro acoustic, a few ukes, a Jaguar clone, even a hand made 1 of 5 hybrid uke like thing that the creator called a 'happy twanger' ( its beautiful)  Just picked them up over the years. My wife used to work for a music school, sometimes they would unload donations they didn't want. I would pick them up for cheap. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nice.

I have a PRS but i dont like it as much as my cheap Kramer Baretta for feel.

Hardly play them any more. I have nice little Fender Combo amp. Suits me fine. 

For how mediocre of a player i am, i actually have quite a few axes... 3 acoustics,  an elctro acoustic, a few ukes, a Jaguar clone, even a hand made 1 of 5 hybrid uke like thing that the creator called a 'happy twanger' ( its beautiful)  Just picked them up over the years. My wife used to work for a music school, sometimes they would unload donations they didn't want. I would pick them up for cheap. 

Cool! Fender amps are great too, the combos, hotrods....I had a beautiful Kramer back in the day, it had a fast neck like my Ibanez...but it got traded for a 4x12 cab and head haha...like most musicians, we were always selling/trading/pawning our gear when money's tight, and gather up more later 

I have whittled my guitar collection down to: an '80's Kramer Ferrington E/A, also a Fender E/A....an old 1 piece body Samick electric, a Yamaha acoustic, my Ricky bass and Samick bass, a Peavey electric, an Gibson SG and my two fave guitars -- my '80s American Strat and my late '80s Charvel with the "toothpaste" logo on the headstock...one piece neck-thru body. 

Interesting that your wife worked at a music school, I owned and operated one for 8 years.

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Cool! Fender amps are great too, the combos, hotrods....I had a beautiful Kramer back in the day, it had a fast neck like my Ibanez...but it got traded for a 4x12 cab and head haha...like most musicians, we were always selling/trading/pawning our gear when money's tight, and gather up more later 

I have whittled my guitar collection down to: an '80's Kramer Ferrington E/A, also a Fender E/A....an old 1 piece body Samick electric, a Yamaha acoustic, my Ricky bass and Samick bass, a Peavey electric, an Gibson SG and my two fave guitars -- my '80s American Strat and my late '80s Charvel with the "toothpaste" logo on the headstock...one piece neck-thru body. 

Interesting that your wife worked at a music school, I owned and operated one for 8 years.

You have a great collection.

I was once a pro-drummer. Signed with A&M. Like lots of drummers, I wanted to get up front on stage so after that band broke up i became a lead singer for a really good group. Though we didn't push hard and eventually ....'jimmy quit and joey got married' 

So, I have been fiddling with guitars and doing my own thing ever since. 

My wife used to work at Sarah Mclachlan school. Sarah is a pretty cool lass. Really fun years. 

• ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I was once a pro-drummer. Signed with A&M. Like lots of drummers, I wanted to get up front on stage so after that band broke up i became a lead singer for a really good group. Though we didn't push hard and eventually ....'jimmy quit and joey got married' 

My wife used to work at Sarah Mclachlan school. Sarah is a pretty cool lass. Really fun years. 

Nice! Do you still have your kit? I didn't mention that I have a Yamaha Stage Custom Birchwood kit...after I closed my music school I took the instruments home, also my Yamaha Arius e- piano...I couldn't part with them haha...I play a bit of drums too, but my main schtick is singing and playing the axe

I TOTALLY get the Bryan Adams reference haha, so true, we all try to escape it but life, marriage, and responsibility always came after us with a vengeance 😁

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

When I was at Uvic is residence there was a guy on our floor who lived beside Bryan Adams and use to listen to him play in his house before he was anyone.

• Cheers 1