11th Annual WJHC Pool

Theo5789

Welcome to the 11th annual WJHC Pool!!

image.png.84e94bbdbed0b0586575377edc3d8681.png

image.png.9bbd5c39da0eddfff04f7aaeb56883cf.png

Leaderboard/Team Spreadsheet: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e5srqbWbwKoJQj2MalATTWjphvWna8HO9gepD5SnNZY/edit?usp=drivesdk

1. @AriGold

2. @Master Mind

3. @inane2.0

4. @Rick Blight

5. @Relyt Krets

6. @Optimist Prime

7. @Theo5789

8. @Gator

9. @Tony Romo

10. @Time Lord

Rules:

• Each team will consist of 3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 country's goaltending (ex. Team Canada Goalies).
  • Snake draft order.
  • The majority of the draft will be done offline. As soon as 10 teams have been filled, a independent person will determine the order via this website http://www.draftpicklottery.com/
  • There will be a re-draft for cut, injured, or otherwise unavailable players who were picked. More on that below.
  • No trading picks.
  • Try not to "name drop".
  • Tag the GM picking after you to alert them of their pick.
  • In the event of a tie, the GM with a higher Points Per Game average will be ranked above the GM with a lower Points Per Game average. In case of the rare event of a double tie, the most goals scored will win.

Scoring System: FYI Relegation Games Count Towards Points

• Goal & Shootout Winning Goal - 1 point
  • Assist - 1 point
  • Win - 1 point
  • Shutout - 1 point

Time Line:

Draft Order - The lottery will be conducted on Saturday December 2nd.

Draft Start - The draft will start on Sunday December 3rd at 8 AM PST. Drafting will not be permitted before our start date.

(Note: Will start the draft at soon as we get a full house)

Draft Limits/Key Dates - The Draft will run with 6 hour time limits from 8 AM PST - 12 AM PST every day from Sunday December 3rd until Wednesday December 20th at 11:59 PST. From Thursday December 21st to Friday December 22nd, the draft will have a 1 hour time limit from 8 AM PST until 12 AM PST to ensure the draft's completion before the start of the tournament.

Player Swaps - In case you choose a player and they are cut from the team or injured prior to Saturday December 23rd at 7:59 AM PST, GM's may re-select players based on the draft position of the player they lost. This is not a first come first serve re-draft. The re-draft will begin on Saturday December 23rd at 8AM PST and end at 11:59PST. Time limits will be determined by the amount of picks needed to be made.

image.png.6da57799c914e4558d2096318745c029.png

Edited by Theo5789
  • Cheers 1

Just a heads up to all, I will try to run this to the best of my abilities on short notice.

We need a 10th applicant and I will create the order and get the draft started immediately.

If you know of anyone who would like to join, please invite. Hopefully everyone here so far are still willing participants and we can continue this tradition!

We have 10 players!

The draft order has been set, thanks to steveooo for randomizing the order for me.

IMG_1008.thumb.png.2acaa9fb57f2e92396a545b1ce411d55.png

The numbers follow the order of players from the 1st post.

So the official draft order is as follows

@Time Lord

@Theo5789

@Rick Blight

@Gator

@Tony Romo

@inane2.0

@Optimist Prime

@Relyt Krets

@Master Mind

@AriGold

• Cheers 1

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!!!

my dream vacation every year for the rest of my life would be to go to wherever the WJC's are being held. I need to find a second wife who likes hockey and routinely being disappointed in bed by a semi wealthy retiree. 😝

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!!!

my dream vacation every year for the rest of my life would be to go to wherever the WJC's are being held. I need to find a second wife who likes hockey and routinely being disappointed in bed by a semi wealthy retiree. 😝

jared leto new followers GIF

• Haha 1

With the six hour window, assuming an 18 hour picking window throughout the day: no way we would go over, with 60 picks needed..60 picks x 6 hours divided by 18: 20 days.

We will all picked by the 25th. It is like it was flawlessly planned. hehehe.

Now, most of us are going to steam pick within half an hour of the guy ahead of us...so we will be done in the next ten days or probably 5, imo. lol

(also: three of my top four ideas already off the board..sigh)

one more thing: serpentine draft right? Arigold gets the double pick and then back to Time Lord? Assume so, but don't see it written...