[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes, Rogers Arena, Dec 9, 7PM - Da Let's Break Winsy-Losey Streak and Smash-em Bash-em Game

Rocket-68

Management Not Done Tinkering  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR & PA do next? Multiple Choice Allowed - Players in brackets are my personal opinion and can be ignored / substituted for in comments - nod to TheGuardian

• Nothing, other than plan the Stanley Cup Parade route!
    • Hughes - ??? ... Honker / Big Zeke ... ... FIND HUGGY A PARTNER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    • Package up Kuz and Myers for a top Six Forward (Pavel Buchnevich) and draft pick(s)
    • Don't trade Kuz for less than a king's ransom, BUT package up Garland / Meyers for picks and bring up Podz, sign Bear
    • Trade Petey for a top prospect (NHL ready) and / or (Nylander) plus 1st, 2nd and 3rd ... to TO .. will need a third team involved to make work
    • ... HAHAHA ... you funny, all above suck (especially Petey to TO - what has he done to deserve such a fate) ... see my comment below
  2. 2. Do the Canucks extend Big Zeke aka Zek aka Zack aka Bobby

• No, Zeke-Zek-Zack doesn't want to play in Vancouver after much mulling over and walks into Free Agency
    • No, Zeke wanted to be paid more than Huggy so he gets jettisoned at the TDL for a Kings Ransom (from TO of all places - recall what brackets mean)
    • Yes, for about $4.5 - 5M annual but less than 6 years
    • Yes, not sure on length but will be between $5 - 6M
    • Yes, for 7 or 8 years in the $4.25M plus / minus $250,000 annually
    • ... none of the above, see my thoughts in comments below

22 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This is it. The real bigger issue is being addressed. We haven't been playing well from period to period, full 60-minutes.

No spin ... no glossing over ... no deflecting ... we need a full 60 effort.

Also taking it to the net like Tocchet says. 

As decent as our point's total is right now, You are right sir!  We don't hardly ever! put in the full 60. Not consistently enough anyways

There are big, tough teams on the horizon that we'll be playing that do it extraordinary well. Damn Vegas comes to mind..

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Lol one off game and Demko is bad now, gotta love Nucks fans.

His last few games he has been bad. He’s either real good or bad. He’s inconsistent and you don’t know which version we see. Desmith plays good enough to win most of the time. 

14 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

As decent as our point's total is right now, You are right sir!  We don't hardly ever! put in the full 60. Not consistently enough anyways

There are big, tough teams on the horizon that we'll be playing that do it extraordinary well. Damn Vegas comes to mind..

Well said! It's a good thing they were so determined and dialed in to get a good start this season. We're now seeing why it was so important. They have to focus on managing their gears and fatigue. I'm confident we'll see a better team in the second half after Xmas break and the all-star break. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

His last few games he has been bad. He’s either real good or bad. He’s inconsistent and you don’t know which version we see. Desmith plays good enough to win most of the time. 

Right? What a bum better bench him or send him down

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, TheGuardian said:

The poll could have just not named the posters personal preference of player to be traded, left it open ended. It ends up being with trick questions

Defence for the playoffs is paramount, anything short of thinking of a playoff group for this year and the future is not a real good plan. That said ANY experienced RHD will be worth more than a LHD. Myers' contract is also expiring, his play picking up now with a set partner and reduced role.

The Canucks are a win now team with a small window but Rutherford and Allvin seem to be fleshing it out as a playoff team for this year anyway so far.

Trading player will have to do with the future cap as much as team improvement and if the asset coming back is neutral or slightly different in skills then the saved cap space for the future tips the scales

Of three wingers that could be traded Kuzmenko would be the easiest and probably get the biggest return, but what makes him the best option also makes him the most untradeable on the team next to a couple of others. His cap it is very reasonable, the term is short and his present below level shooting percentage will even out in time, also he has been shifted all over the place with all the team as line mates making chemistry very hard to mesh and chemistry is very important for goal scoring.

This makes it between Boeser or Garland or both. OF the two with Boeser's sudden fame he becomes a player that will cost the Canucks the least if a sweetener is needed to get the most valuable cap space the next two summers. His 6.67 is reduced by OEL's BO increase to 2.7 and then 4.7.

Garland might draw attention due to his possession numbers, he carries the puck a lot. But just isn't finishing or fitting with THIS group. His 5 mil cap hit and additional 2 years of term make him harder to move but the rumours do have team's interested for a price. Rutherford/Allvin may be able to take back a dubious contract with no term and then flip it at the TDL

A real coup will be if Rutherford and Allvin can dump both cap hits.

Wingers are always easier to find than RHD or any D for that matter. Tocchet's system of board battles only requires speed and size and if his system works scoring is dependent on the top two lines and Power play, contributions from the defence and an improved PK

Maybe a Hronek trade included with one of Boeser or Garland could get a super return and the Canucks could sign Bear to take Hronek's place. A team like Buffalo, TO or Washington might consider a super deal, but I am sure there would be quite a few suitors if Hronek's name came up.

Interesting post and most of it is a reasonable discussion / opinion with some nibbling around the edges ... with the exception of Honker. That I don't agree with unless a return coming back Canucks' way in any Hronek trade are two Hroneks worth of value coming back. Hronek is an excellent D-man that shoots right and with Huggy, the Canucks have two quality D-man with the "righty-lefty" tangible Tocchet raves about. An argument could be made that the Canucks haven't had two d-men of this caliber and age range ever. Hronek being a RHD that should be signed to something a tich more than current contract and a tich less than Huggy's contract makes him a good fit for the Canucks long term.

Edited by Rocket-68

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I love Demko, but I could definitely get on board with rewarding DeSmith with another start after the last game.

I think what people are saying is give desmith another game after his shutout.  Ride the fire.  Demko is going to have a lot of games come play offs and could benefit from the rest and work with clarky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

I think what people are saying is give desmith another game after his shutout.  Ride the fire.  Demko is going to have a lot of games come play offs and could benefit from the rest and work with clarky

I agree with that that, but I don't agree with bagging on Demko.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGuardian said:

I went and looked, they aren't BUT Myers appears to be the go to player to move the puck out. It must be working they have only one goal against in three games now, that includes on the PK. Oh and Hronek, Cole and Hughes have iced the puck more.

I know Hughes ices the puck a lot - his passes are almost slapshots and it must take a certain skill level to be able to corral them. Many Canuck forwards can't 

We have 1a-1b tandem. Ride what's working,1b has faced teams in the east more. Not that 1a can't do the job,1b has both advantages, previous s/o and experience from playing eastern teams.

We need 1a to rest as to what l have guessed from previous posts.

B should play, he's more than competent. 

• Like 2