[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes, Rogers Arena, Dec 9, 7PM - Da Let's Break Winsy-Losey Streak and Smash-em Bash-em Game

Rocket-68

Management Not Done Tinkering  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR & PA do next? Multiple Choice Allowed - Players in brackets are my personal opinion and can be ignored / substituted for in comments - nod to TheGuardian

• Nothing, other than plan the Stanley Cup Parade route!
    • Hughes - ??? ... Honker / Big Zeke ... ... FIND HUGGY A PARTNER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    • Package up Kuz and Myers for a top Six Forward (Pavel Buchnevich) and draft pick(s)
    • Don't trade Kuz for less than a king's ransom, BUT package up Garland / Meyers for picks and bring up Podz, sign Bear
    • Trade Petey for a top prospect (NHL ready) and / or (Nylander) plus 1st, 2nd and 3rd ... to TO .. will need a third team involved to make work
    • ... HAHAHA ... you funny, all above suck (especially Petey to TO - what has he done to deserve such a fate) ... see my comment below
  2. 2. Do the Canucks extend Big Zeke aka Zek aka Zack aka Bobby

• No, Zeke-Zek-Zack doesn't want to play in Vancouver after much mulling over and walks into Free Agency
    • No, Zeke wanted to be paid more than Huggy so he gets jettisoned at the TDL for a Kings Ransom (from TO of all places - recall what brackets mean)
    • Yes, for about $4.5 - 5M annual but less than 6 years
    • Yes, not sure on length but will be between $5 - 6M
    • Yes, for 7 or 8 years in the $4.25M plus / minus $250,000 annually
    • ... none of the above, see my thoughts in comments below

Further to my quote snippet, here is Connor Garland's full quote... interesting read

https://www.canucksdaily.com/vancouver-canucks/MAJOR-Conor-Garland-finally-addresses-trade-speculation-and-his-request?fbclid=IwAR1MAP18Pp0ICfzj8Z9ayEuSMtFuFQsomtaxJ_8hZPRnqrnlPv7Et73wuhk

Caveat: the opinions of the article do not in any way construe that the AUTHOR holds .... a fuck it, just read the damn thing and flame me later, LoL

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Vancan said:

How did Hartford ever have an NHL team? Little over 100,000 population. I get it with the GB Pack and the whole city is there and all season ticket holders. But an NHL team? wow

It's the center of a metro area of 1.2-1.4 mil. Just very split up by small municiple bounderies, not unlike Vancouver or Victoria

Just now, Alflives said:

How did Phoenix ever get a team? 

Bettmans baby and a combo of Gretz going to LA selling the sport like no one in southern states. Thankfully or we wouldn't have the privilege of hearing Mathews name ever 3 second on CBC.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How did Phoenix ever get a team? 

A donkey, a Sombrero, a Mexican Midget, a bottle of tequila, Gary Bettman, lube ... and wait for it ... PICTURES of a good time had by all.

SERIOUSLY, the old fashioned way, money & greed. Why are they still there and Quebec City doesn't have a team you ask? ..... Pictures involving a donkey. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

A donkey, a Sombrero, a Mexican Midget, a bottle of tequila, Gary Bettman, lube ... and wait for it ... PICTURES of a good time had by all.

SERIOUSLY, the old fashioned way, money & greed. Why are they still there and Quebec City doesn't have a team you ask? ..... Pictures involving a donkey. 

That's hilarious! 

Did you ever listen to this? 😆

Near the end he talks about a Mexican midget. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Meanwhile Ohtani signs for $700 million.  

Bear was making $2.2M x 1 year last year and he got it in arbitration.  

The previous year, he made $2.5M salary (2.0 AAV) so he was likely after more than that and is clearly after a lot more now than the $1.8 that the Canucks were paying him last year on the salary retained contract.  Credit to Allvin for not backing up the Brinks truck on a bottom pair player.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Rumorsville, Mr. Friedman...

Holy Fluck! Speaking of Donkeys!

Ron McLean must have leverage on the powers that be <delete> ... but I loved the in your face discourse and then you decided whether you were offend .... HOLY CRAP! @-dlc- just slapped me sober!

This is a Canucks thread....

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

Looking for skills to shine through tonight, Kuz to take it personal now and light em up or fill em in; his choice.

1st period target practice, run em up, 2nd period weather the storm, third period put an exclamation on it. 

Their goaltending is just terrible. Would really like to see the goals pour in tonight

• Like 1

Hate that kuz may be on another team..  no he is not a great defender but seems very well liked by players.. 40 goal scorer, potential high point player..  serious offensive skill.  Come on boys, lets learn how to make it work!!  No surprise there are many calls on him.  

19 minutes ago, Vancan said:

How did Hartford ever have an NHL team? Little over 100,000 population. I get it with the GB Pack and the whole city is there and all season ticket holders. But an NHL team? wow

Yeah, apparently they needed a new main tenant after an American Basketball Association team deal fell through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Whalers

Relocation to Hartford (1974)[edit]

Hartford was about to open a new, modern downtown arena and convention center, the Hartford Civic Center. The city had hoped to get an American Basketball Association team as the main tenant, but when that fell through, city leaders got in touch with the Whalers. Aside from various minor league teams in New Haven, the area had been largely bereft of professional hockey until the Whalers' arrival. The Civic Center was still being finished when the 1974–75 season began, so the Whalers played the first part of the 1974–75 season at The Big E Coliseum in West Springfield, Massachusetts.