NCAA Sports

RupertKBD

I was going to restart the NCAA Football thread from the old forum, but it doesn't see a lot of activity, so I thought I'd leave it open to all college sports. We can use it for March Madness and Frozen Four as well...

Starting the thread is a game winning 61 yard FG from Missouri kicker, Mevis, (who seems to go by one name from what I can tell) a guy who looks more line a linebacker than a kicker:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

You knew Colorado was going to come back to earth a bit once they started seeing some tougher competition....still, it's nice to see that Sanders has inejected some life back into that program...

Meanwhile, my Sooners beat thew Bearcats by a couple of TDs. We haven't faced much in the way of stiff competition this season, but you can only play the team in front of you. The thing I really like was only giving up 6 points. I've been watching OK try and win by outscoring the opposition for a long time....

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

You knew Colorado was going to come back to earth a bit once they started seeing some tougher competition....still, it's nice to see that Sanders has inejected some life back into that program...

Meanwhile, my Sooners beat thew Bearcats by a couple of TDs. We haven't faced much in the way of stiff competition this season, but you can only play the team in front of you. The thing I really like was only giving up 6 points. I've been watching OK try and win by outscoring the opposition for a long time....

Venables is a hell of a coach and should serve you guys well once you're in the SEC and he's got a roster full of his recruits.  His departure led to Clemson dropping like a rock.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Venables is a hell of a coach and should serve you guys well once you're in the SEC and he's got a roster full of his recruits.  His departure led to Clemson dropping like a rock.

We've got Texas coming up in a couple of weeks. That'll tell us where we really are....

On 9/23/2023 at 7:45 PM, LaBamba said:

God I hate Ohio state 

Right up there with 'Bama in my book.... The game against the Wolverines will be a fun watch, though. (too bad it doesn't happen until week 13)

Gotta give Coach Prime some credit today....yesterday was another loss, but to put up 41 against #8 USC is impressive, especially considering the beat down they took last week...

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Right up there with 'Bama in my book.... The game against the Wolverines will be a fun watch, though. (too bad it doesn't happen until week 13)

Gotta give Coach Prime some credit today....yesterday was another loss, but to put up 41 against #8 USC is impressive, especially considering the beat down they took last week...

The ducks are going to get a nice push because of it. 
Georgia isn’t the best team in the nation either. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, LaBamba said:

The ducks are going to get a nice push because of it. 
Georgia isn’t the best team in the nation either. 

I'm a lifelong Sooners fan....but after that, I always cheer for the old PAC 10 teams....Ducks, Huskies, Beavers, Cougars....

The important thing is that OSU and 'Bama lose....

• Cheers 1

Looks like the game of the week coming up is the Red River Rivalry.....

My Sooners have to travel to the Cotton bowl and are ranked 9 spots below the #3 Longhorns.... I'm not particularly optimistic, but after last season's showing, I'm just happy to be relevant again.

Not much else on the sked to get excited about, although Georgia - Kentucky might be worth a look.

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Congrats @RupertKBD, that was a hell of a win!

Thanks King....the only downside is that I didn't get to watch.

It's not often that we have nice weather here in PR on an October weekend, so I've been out working in the yard all day. Still beating Texas in their home stadium takes some of the sting out of it....:classic_wink:

Looks like all the best match-ups this weekend involve West Coast teams. USC is taking on Notre Dame in South Bend, which will garner a lot of attention nationally. There's also #18 UCLA taking on #15 Oregon State in Corvalis....

But the biggest game of the day looks to be #7 Washington vs #8 Oregon, with the Ducks traveling up I5 to Seattle on Saturday....

Who ya got? I'm thinking home field gives the Huskies enough of an edge to pull out a close win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Should be a good final Pac 12 championship.  I would be very surprised to see Oregon cover with the Huskies playing and winning so many nail biters.

That was a game for the ages. Great win for the Huskies and Penix Jr. Would love to see Washington pummel Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Props to Bo Nix and Oregon too. I think if these two teams played each other 10 times, each team would win 5.