[PROPOSAL] Vancouver & St. Louis

To Vancouver:

Sammy Blais

To St. Louis:

Aidan McDonough

I’m tired of seeing the Italian on the 4th line and missing open nets.  He doesn’t hit much either.  Sammy Blais is a hitting machine.  He’d look great in Tocchet’s lineup on the 4th line.  His salary is only $1 million so we can send PDG down to Abby and easily fit Blais into the lineup.  Blais also has playoff experience.  He would complete our 4th line. He’s a pending UFA so there is no long term commitment with him as well.

St. Louis gets a prospect that they can develop.  I’m not high on McDonough at all.  He’s too slow for the NHL game. But maybe St. Louis will like him.  McDonough also gets to play closer to his buddy Rathbone.  Maybe one day they will both be playing in Boston…

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Vancouver:

Sammy Blais

To St. Louis:

Aidan McDonough

I’m tired of seeing the Italian on the 4th line and missing open nets.  He doesn’t hit much either.  Sammy Blais is a hitting machine.  He’d look great in Tocchet’s lineup on the 4th line.  His salary is only $1 million so we can send PDG down to Abby and easily fit Blais into the lineup.  Blais also has playoff experience.  He would complete our 4th line. He’s a pending UFA so there is no long term commitment with him as well.

St. Louis gets a prospect that they can develop.  I’m not high on McDonough at all.  He’s too slow for the NHL game. But maybe St. Louis will like him.  McDonough also gets to play closer to his buddy Rathbone.  Maybe one day they will both be playing in Boston…

I like this proposal a lot for the same reasons that you mentioned.  

If possible, I'd combine this proposal with your other St. Louis idea (for Buchnevich) if St. Louis is out of playoff contention at the deadline (although my gut says St. Louis sneaks in while Arizona starts to drop like a sack of shit).  

I'd *really* like our chances with both Buchnevich and Blais in our line-up.  Physicality would not only no longer be a weakness for us but it could potentially be a strength.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I like this proposal a lot for the same reasons that you mentioned.  

If possible, I'd combine this proposal with your other St. Louis idea (for Buchnevich) if St. Louis is out of playoff contention at the deadline (although my gut says St. Louis sneaks in while Arizona starts to drop like a sack of shit).  

I'd *really* like our chances with both Buchnevich and Blais in our line-up.  Physicality would not only no longer be a weakness for us but it could potentially be a strength.  

Yes, if St. Louis is out of the playoffs and they are a seller at the deadline then I shoot for the fences and go after both Buchnevich and Blais. Our two deficiencies would be fixed, Petey gets his winger and the 4th line gets a new banger for the playoffs. 

I doubt Kuzmenko is going to fix his defensive issues so I think Allvin will eventually pull the plug on him. I could be wrong though. We will see. 

• Cheers 2

Concerns on Blias. love that he's a hitter. And that he's drawn more PIM than he's taken. His role here would be that of a checker he's only starting around 10% of his shifts in the D zone and he only has 7 shot blocks on the year. He's only got 7 takeaways. Considering he starts close to 30% (28%) of his shifts in the O or neutral zone he has one of the worst on ice goal differentials on St Lou 4th worst among fwds. 

I don't know that he's so much a guy Toccett is going to be thrilled with. Of course Aiden for Blais would be a clear upgrade.   

• 2 weeks later...