Kuzmenko + for Crouse (Proposal)

Ok, I have not done this for awhile, so have your fun with me! LOL

Basically, it is this..........

Crouse is a big body, who seems to have figured out defense, and his offense has gone up. But in any case, Crouse is a big boy, who does not have to take shit, and can play top 6. He is on a great contract for 3 more years after this one.......so IMHO he costs! The plus is our 2024 1st...........and Kuzmenko

IMHO, it costs that much to get Crouse, save money, get years, and a big body.........(Kuzmenko is a cash dump in this trade)

Kuzmenko..............1.5 years at $5,500,000

Crouse....................3.5 years at $4,300,000

IMO...he is a missing piece.......he is worth the cost, and we are in our window, now! 

Edited by JIAHN
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I think we could have our cake and eat it if we traded Mikheyev for assets to add to our 1st to acquire Crouse. 

I don't see a world where Tocchet is okay with keeping Kuzy over Mikey.

Kuzy is likely the one to go. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Because Kuzz + Crouse >>>>>> Mikheyev + Crouse 

Adding Crouse to our top 6 would allow Kuzz to focus on what he does best. 

32 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Because Kuzz + Crouse >>>>>> Mikheyev + Crouse 

Adding Crouse to our top 6 would allow Kuzz to focus on what he does best. 

Tocchet would probably rather have both Crouse and Mikheyev.

Both 200 ft players that can PK while supplying secondary scoring, forechecking, net front, physicality(Crouse) and Speed(Mik). 

I don't see Tocchet choosing Kuz over Mik. He's scratched him 5-6 times now so far this season. Benched him full periods. 

Not like we having trouble scoring atm either. 

Crouse is a great target but is worth more than Kuzmenko in a trade (the add is likely a 1st round pick in terms of value).

Also Kuz has a 12 team no trade list and you can be sure Arizona is on that list, so there won't be a direct trade sending Kuz to Arizona.

On 1/12/2024 at 10:10 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

I see a world where he does. Kuz is learning and handling the RT treatment very well. He isn't liable defensively right now. Milkheyev is a shadow of his former self currently. We could realistically cut our losses and send him out instead, keeping a much more talented player, and acquiring a defensively responsible PWF in Crouse. We'd likely have to add our 1st to get the ball rolling. I'm sure many posters on this forum would agree that a 1st would be best used for a 2C or for a 3D. 

4 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I see a world where he does. Kuz is learning and handling the RT treatment very well. He isn't liable defensively right now. Milkheyev is a shadow of his former self currently. We could realistically cut our losses and send him out instead, keeping a much more talented player, and acquiring a defensively responsible PWF in Crouse. We'd likely have to add our 1st to get the ball rolling. I'm sure many posters on this forum would agree that a 1st would be best used for a 2C or for a 3D. 

752076EA-3806-44BC-9525-2CC5728E1F99.jpeg.e29fd66d475715d4cfa45a532780a609.jpeg

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

For AHL depth? Woo? 

Just further depth. He has been playing very steady. But yes, with the current roster being healthy, he would be AHL material. But when the injuries kick in, he may prove valuable.

• Vintage 1