[Proposal] Kuzmenko to SJ for Micheal Granlund 50% retained

That would be a pretty big bet on SJ's part that Kuzy can get back to being a 30+ goal scorer. Because aside from potentially scoring goals, I don't see much else from him this season. He's slow, non-physical, and prone to defensive lapses. He does have great hands and a good shot, but I think he needs really good linemates feeding him the puck and when you can't defend well, you're not getting put on a line with elite line mates.

It's also entirely possible that he gets a few bounces, scores a few goals in the next few games, and scores another 20 down the stretch. I'm not sure he's going to get that opportunity though because I'm predicting a big fat scratcheroo next game.

55 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

That would be a pretty big bet on SJ's part that Kuzy can get back to being a 30+ goal scorer. Because aside from potentially scoring goals, I don't see much else from him this season. He's slow, non-physical, and prone to defensive lapses. He does have great hands and a good shot, but I think he needs really good linemates feeding him the puck and when you can't defend well, you're not getting put on a line with elite line mates.

It's also entirely possible that he gets a few bounces, scores a few goals in the next few games, and scores another 20 down the stretch. I'm not sure he's going to get that opportunity though because I'm predicting a big fat scratcheroo next game.

Granlund has always been a fantastic passer - don't let that WJC lacrosse goal fool you.  There have been multiple seasons where he puts up 40+ points and under 10 goals.  But you are correct that his two-way game is nonexistent.  It was nonexistent in Nashville, Pittsburgh, and now San Jose.  He is someone who can absolutely help move the puck,

image.png.3798710a90ce4c258e51491f85c32949.png

Does this look like a Rick Tocchet player to anyone?

4 hours ago, Strawbone said:

So just like 2023 Boeser 

• Vintage 1