The addition of Lindholm gives us another top 6 forward. 
At this point we can say we have 4 bonafide top 6 forwards:

*Boeser

*Miller

*Petterson

*Lindholm

Suter (although lately has been great) and Mikheyev (great defensive forward) are “ok” placeholders but are more like elite third liners. I believe having one of them in the top 6 is ok (but I would rather change one of them for Hoglander too).

My proposal: To bring in another top 6 forward that has proven himself in the regular season and playoffs. 

NJD: Mikheyev (4.75 million 2 more years after this season) + 2nd round pick + prospect (not named Willander/Lekkerimaki/Def. Petey/Podz/Bains)

VAN: Toffoli (4.25 million) UFA 

*Toffoli is 3rd on the Devils in points and 1st in goals with 21 scored. Imagine him playing with Petey and Lindholm.

This deal only goes down if NJD are out of the playoff picture in a couple weeks. As of right now they’re out of a wild card position.  Would need to sweeten the deal because Mikheyev has 2 more years after this season and has a higher cap hit.

This move would also give us more cap flexibility in the summer by moving Mikheyev. 

At this point Alvin & Co seem to be all in. I think we will do ok on defence with Soucy back we have the depth. I would strengthen our forward group. If we play in the other teams end anyways we can get away with the defensive core we have now. 

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Toffoli-Lindholm-Petterson

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Lafferty-Aman-Hoglander

This would be a power move I’d like rather than another D addition. 

41 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Bubble gang is back - get Tanev, see what Tony Stretcher is up to, and Tofu combos for days

Apparently Stecher's in Arizona now... but injured it seems.

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Stretchers a big no in playoffs he's to small and showed it.

Toffoli would be interesting but bet they ask way more like a first or one of our good young guys.

So no.

We can dream right. I think Toffoli would fit in really well with this forward group. Almost seamlessly. Can’t think of any forwards that would be a better fit. I prefer him over a guy like Guentzal.

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Stretchers a big no in playoffs he's to small and showed it.

Toffoli would be interesting but bet they ask way more like a first or one of our good young guys.

So no.

Whoa whoa whoa... hold on there.

I was only making a joke about Stecher because OP wanted Toffoli back and we keep hearing rumours about Tanev returning too.  There has been zero interest around the league for any team trading for Stecher, and I am not suggesting we try and get him now.  He is playing NHL hockey and that's good enough for him.  But what you're suggesting about his playoff history is completely wrong.

There's no denying that the Canucks powered their way through the bubble playoffs with insane goaltending.  Markstrom stood on his head for two series, and when he faltered against Vegas, Demko gave all-time performance that resulted in a massive contract and winning the #1 spot permanently.  But despite that, we got more than we bargained for out of the undersized $2.4M defenceman.

Due to injuries/losses, Stecher was forced to move up the lineup and he was universally praised for keeping up with the increased workload.  The following stats are from the playoffs only.  He ranked third among Canucks D-men in controlled shot attempts and xG% at even strength.  His actual goal share is wild - the Canucks outscored opponents 15-6 with him on the ice 5v5.  That's an insane goal share percentage - 71%.  For reference, Stecher had a 56% goal share in that year's regular season - still an impressive number.  So after playing in a bottom pairing role against depth players all season long, Stecher was forced to play against the top lines in the postseason alongside Edler and actually put up comparatively better numbers.

And who can ever forget this iconic moment?  It personified an unforgettable playoff underdog experience nobody expected them to do well in.

TicTacTOmar-1293772018056339458.gif.8d4adc30af4af55cbd8343577a5e19ef.gif

28 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Whoa whoa whoa... hold on there.

I was only making a joke about Stecher because OP wanted Toffoli back and we keep hearing rumours about Tanev returning too.  There has been zero interest around the league for any team trading for Stecher, and I am not suggesting we try and get him now.  He is playing NHL hockey and that's good enough for him.  But what you're suggesting about his playoff history is completely wrong.

There's no denying that the Canucks powered their way through the bubble playoffs with insane goaltending.  Markstrom stood on his head for two series, and when he faltered against Vegas, Demko gave all-time performance that resulted in a massive contract and winning the #1 spot permanently.  But despite that, we got more than we bargained for out of the undersized $2.4M defenceman.

Due to injuries/losses, Stecher was forced to move up the lineup and he was universally praised for keeping up with the increased workload.  The following stats are from the playoffs only.  He ranked third among Canucks D-men in controlled shot attempts and xG% at even strength.  His actual goal share is wild - the Canucks outscored opponents 15-6 with him on the ice 5v5.  That's an insane goal share percentage - 71%.  For reference, Stecher had a 56% goal share in that year's regular season - still an impressive number.  So after playing in a bottom pairing role against depth players all season long, Stecher was forced to play against the top lines in the postseason alongside Edler and actually put up comparatively better numbers.

And who can ever forget this iconic moment?  It personified an unforgettable playoff underdog experience nobody expected them to do well in.

TicTacTOmar-1293772018056339458.gif.8d4adc30af4af55cbd8343577a5e19ef.gif

I know I watched it all and know mist teams do go after a smaller guy in playoffs.

Hughes is different as he has speef and moves fast.

Was just commenting a no us all for stretcher.

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I know I watched it all and know mist teams do go after a smaller guy in playoffs.

Hughes is different as he has speef and moves fast.

Was just commenting a no us all for stretcher.

Size definitely matters in any situation, but you have a bad example in Stecher, who clearly rose above the occasion and outperformed all expectations in his playoff performance.

I don’t think New Jersey would want Mikheyev back.  If New Jersey retained 50% we could probably squeeze Toffolii into the lineup by sending down Karlsson and Friedman and then just call them back up for the playoffs.  We could then move Suter back to the 4th line and have Åman as our 13th forward.  

They probably would want a 2nd for Toffoli, so our 2025 2nd and maybe a b prospect.  I think we will see how things work with Lindholm first and then re-evaluate closer to the deadline.  We may want to blow our wad on another RHDman instead.  Or maybe Allvin really goes ALL IN and gets 2 more players for the playoffs.  

I don t want to break the Petey Boeser duo. 

so I would try 

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Garland Miller Lindholm

Mikheyev Blueger Joshua

DiGuissepe Suter Lafferty

Mikheyev isn’t a top 6, and he s a defensive forward with huge backcheck wheels. 
i would try that.