Frittering around the edges. [proposal] Nash Van

Prices around the league are nutz. I can't see us making another big splash.

There could however be some smaller moves for depth players and players in the minors that would be good callups who are more ready than some of our guys in Abby, without breaking the bank. 

To Nash

2nd 2025 + Aatu Raty + Friedman + Woo + Klimovie/McDonough

To Van 

Alexander Carrier RHD 2.5m , Mark Jankowski 6'4 C + Jake Livingstone 6'3 RHD

Carrier seems like he would be a very good fit for us speedy 2 way defender blocks a ton of shots plays hard mins including both special teams, can log 20 mins. It sounds like he won't be resigned in Nash. He will cost, but I don't think the price will be prohibitive.

I'm surprised Jankowski is in the minors. He's a massive depth defensive C  who blocks shots, creates turnovers, hits, decent in the dot, currently 3rd in AHL scoring. One thing we know is that JR/PA like having guys around they have history with. Jankowski played for Alvin on the Pens.

Jake Livingstone, 24yo RHD signed as a college FA looks to project as a bottom pairing sizable physical D. He didn't look half bad in his audition last year with Nash either, long term he could be our Myers replacement. 

If MGMT no longer sees Raty as a C I could see him moved though he has been doing quite well on the wing. Friedman makes the cap work based on our projected deadline cap space per cap friendly, Woo and Klim/McDonut are toss in's for Milwaukee as they're having a pretty good year down there.  It's a high price but if we go deep and get banged up we are going to need depth that can step into a battle. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1

I’d like to hang onto Raty.  He made big strides coming into rookie camp and still very young.  Keep developing him.  Klimo more volatile in terms of projection but also a very young man w growth and easy to protect.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I’d like to hang onto Raty.  He made big strides coming into rookie camp and still very young.  Keep developing him.  Klimo more volatile in terms of projection but also a very young man w growth and easy to protect.  

I mean nobody wants to give up on Raty you have to give to get though. Getting a #5 rhd who can log 20 mins in all situations without giving up a 1st or any of our roster I think is big. I think the order of what fwds would be called up is. 

1 Jankowski due to size experience and playing prototypical 4C

2 Bains

3 Pod

4 Dries 

5 Karlsson

6 Sasson

7 Raty I just don't think he's close right now especially if he's a W there are a lot of guys infront of him. Maybe in 3-4 years he's an impact player it's a big maybe though his skating is pretty sus. 

Livingstone was also the toast of the college FA crop lastyear. I don't expect him to become a world beater but if he's a serviceable bottom pair RHD with size signed for 775xxx  thats worth a 3rd all day long.  

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

I would think we have 1.9M in space now and Soucy is on IR until right around the start of the playoffs. 
a somewhat legitimate TB situation. 
There are no perfect lineups and don’t want to disrupt a team that is working. 
PA should be opportunistic with cap flexibility if something shakes out. 
Otherwise minor assets for a depth 4th line RH-C and maybe a depth D would be good investments for a long playoff run.  
With what we have invested to this point for a run this year only, it would be silly to not build up the depth a little.

If something bigger shakes free, we know PA will be there, he is everywhere 👀

• Cheers 1

If they notice a prominent roster weakness in RD then sure Carrier would be great, but I'd rather see if we can give one of our minor league C's a bigger shot first (e.g. promotion, and see if we have enough depth with Suter/ Blueger up the lineup) before we move more assets.  I think even Aman has some potential, and maybe see if Filip Johansson or Jett Woo are possible fill-ins compared to getting Livingstone (or maybe we could get a cheaper replacement after we trade Chaos Giraffe).  I'm mostly against splurging too much on depth when we might have an in-house solution.

Edited by Phil_314
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

If they notice a prominent roster weakness in RD then sure Carrier would be great, but I'd rather see if we can give one of our minor league C's a bigger shot first (e.g. promotion, and see if we have enough depth with Suter/ Blueger up the lineup) before we move more assets.  I think even Aman has some potential, and maybe see if Filip Johansson or Jett Woo are possible fill-ins compared to getting Livingstone (or maybe we could get a cheaper replacement after we trade Chaos Giraffe).  I'm mostly against splurging too much on depth when we might have an in-house solution.

This I absolutely agree with. I think Bains and maybe even Pod could be factors in a deep run. I feel like having a guy already in the minors like Jankowski would be good insurance at the C position especially if Beluger Suter need to move up. 

In terms of RHD I love Myers he costs too much but if there's a huge gap between Hronek and Myers in terms of talent the gap is exponentially wider between Myers and any other rhd in our system. I like the idea of a guy like Carrier because we have a lot of guys like Zad, Soucy, Cole, to put next to him and have essentially 2 middle pairings.

Edited by Hammertime

5 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Prices around the league are nutz. I can't see us making another big splash.

There could however be some smaller moves for depth players and players in the minors that would be good callups who are more ready than some of our guys in Abby, without breaking the bank. 

To Nash

2nd 2025 + Aatu Raty + Friedman + Woo + Klimovie/McDonough

To Van 

Alexander Carrier RHD 2.5m , Mark Jankowski 6'4 C + Jake Livingstone 6'3 RHD

Carrier seems like he would be a very good fit for us speedy 2 way defender blocks a ton of shots plays hard mins including both special teams, can log 20 mins. It sounds like he won't be resigned in Nash. He will cost, but I don't think the price will be prohibitive.

I'm surprised Jankowski is in the minors. He's a massive depth defensive C  who blocks shots, creates turnovers, hits, decent in the dot, currently 3rd in AHL scoring. One thing we know is that JR/PA like having guys around they have history with. Jankowski played for Alvin on the Pens.

Jake Livingstone, 24yo RHD signed as a college FA looks to project as a bottom pairing sizable physical D. He didn't look half bad in his audition last year with Nash either, long term he could be our Myers replacement. 

If MGMT no longer sees Raty as a C I could see him moved though he has been doing quite well on the wing. Friedman makes the cap work based on our projected deadline cap space per cap friendly, Woo and Klim/McDonut are toss in's for Milwaukee as they're having a pretty good year down there.  It's a high price but if we go deep and get banged up we are going to need depth that can step into a battle. 

Live this idea! 
Get this one done “Crome done”.