[Proposal] 2 Birds with 1 trade.

I think a lot of us are fed up with having Mikheyev in the top 6.  He has scored 1 goal in his last 23 games!  That is absolutely unacceptable for a 'top 6' winger.  Complementary player or not, Pius '4C' Suter has more goals than that in his last 5 games.

The argument from the Mikheyev supporters is that he's good defensively and PKs.  IDGAF.  $4.75M for a defensive forward is idiotic.

So here's my proposal...

To VAN

Adam Henrique

To ANA

Ilya Mikheyev

Danila Klimovich

2nd Round Pick

1st Stone: Henrique plays LW, has 15 goals and 33 points in 49 games.  He has the 3rd highest PK minutes in the entire league, so knows his way around PKing.

2nd Stone: This also frees us of Mikheyev's cap hit next season allowing us to re-sign Lindholm.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If Mik is that bad, why would Anaheim want him? Especially for a 2nd rounder in 2025.

They have the cap space, and he can help shelter the defensive minutes from some of their young guns.  I'd imagine Mikheyev could balance out Zegras for example.

We just can't afford to have that $4.75M defensive forward in our top 6 as we're trying to compete for a Cup here.

ONLY if there's a plan to re-sign at least one, if not both Lindholm or Henrique.  We can't afford to dump so many future assets only to have them leave (and it won't be easy to re-sign them with OEL's cap going up).  

Playoff teams also need to roll lines so even while we keep Suter in the top line, Mikheyev with two Selke-caliber Swedes would form a strong two-way line.  If he struggles we can send him down to the 4th line and bring up Hoglander for awhile to see if they can gel offensively, but I'm not ready to give up on speedy, two-way forward who's shown that he can score.  Dumping a guy in a down year is just poor asset management when he's still salvageable.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think a lot of us are fed up with having Mikheyev in the top 6.  He has scored 1 goal in his last 23 games!  That is absolutely unacceptable for a 'top 6' winger.  Complementary player or not, Pius '4C' Suter has more goals than that in his last 5 games.

The argument from the Mikheyev supporters is that he's good defensively and PKs.  IDGAF.  $4.75M for a defensive forward is idiotic.

So here's my proposal...

To VAN

Adam Henrique

To ANA

Ilya Mikheyev

Danila Klimovich

2nd Round Pick

1st Stone: Henrique plays LW, has 15 goals and 33 points in 49 games.  He has the 3rd highest PK minutes in the entire league, so knows his way around PKing.

2nd Stone: This also frees us of Mikheyev's cap hit next season allowing us to re-sign Lindholm.

Rather have Mik over Henrique. As someone who watches the Ducks pretty regularly, Henrique is a downgrade. Mik will come around. I've noticed his speed doesn't yet seem to be back to his toronto days yet. I think we need to be a bit patient with him.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Goalie29 said:

Then he would qualify as a bird in hand, which is better than two overhead.

Really depends how capable management thinks he is -- if they see his role as a speedy two-way middle-6 guy who doesn't score very much as a viable component of the roster then they very well should keep him.  In fact, since this is a former Penguins regime, I wonder if they would want to make their own All-Star led version of the HBK line (Mikheyev can be the speedy Hagelin who didn't score much either, Bonino was a solid C like Lindholm would be, and Petey has the scoring talent of Kessel and more).  Run this as a matchup line and I think we can be quite potent.  Upgrading on Suter would be great on L1 but I think the pieces are there for a good unit which would allow the Joshua-Blueger-Garland line to stay on L3. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:01 PM, Goalie29 said:

I thought there were two birds?  OK, Henrique is a Duck, so that's one.  I was expecting another Duck or maybe a Penguin somehow.

You know the old saying.. " don't throw stones, if you have birds....🤪

On 2/9/2024 at 12:33 PM, HKSR said:

So here's my proposal...

To VAN

Adam Henrique

To ANA

Ilya Mikheyev

Danila Klimovich

2nd Round Pick

In my opinion, (if it matters) Mik has been playing better on the fourth line. I think there was never much chemistry with Petey and I dont think Mik was the problem there.

if he is doing better beside Aman and PDG, imagine how much better with Suter and Kessel?

Also, we need players with term, not more UFA's that want a raise after we win the Cup.

Is he still not going full out on his injury recovery? I think so, maybe doesnt trust the repair yet. Could be a whole new player next year.