★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Feb 19, 2024

The Vancouver Canucks open a quick three game road trip with a matinee in Minnesota when they face the Wild in an 11am Pacific time puck drop. The President’s Day holiday in the United States is the reason for the early start.

The Canucks will be looking to rebound from a 4-2 loss to Winnipeg on Saturday. Noah Juulsen and Tyler Myers scored the Vancouver goals. The Canucks remain atop the overall standings, but have won five of their last nine games (5-2-2) and are 4-2-1 in seven games since the All Star break.
Many of the players that represented the team at the All Star weekend in Toronto have struggled to find their offensive form since the break. Brock Boeser has gone seven games without a goal, JT Miller has gone seven games without an assist, Elias Pettersson has one goal in his last seven games and Quinn Hughes has just two assists in his last six games
The Vancouver Canucks open a quick three game road trip with a matinee in Minnesota when they face the Wild in an 11am Pacific time puck drop. The President’s Day holiday in the United States is the reason for the early start.
The Canucks will be looking to rebound from a 4-2 loss to Winnipeg on Saturday. Noah Juulsen and Tyler Myers scored the Vancouver goals. The Canucks remain atop the overall standings, but have won five of their last nine games (5-2-2) and are 4-2-1 in seven games since the All Star break.

Many of the players that represented the team at the All Star weekend in Toronto have struggled to find their offensive form since the break. Brock Boeser has gone seven games without a goal, JT Miller has gone seven games without an assist, Elias Pettersson has one goal in his last seven games and Quinn Hughes has just two assists in his last six games. /

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tenor.gif

• -dlc- featured and pinned this topic
8 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Round Two ?                             

Yup, could really use Maroon to help us into round 2.

Can’t wait for a 2-1 SOL. I hate matinees.  Canucks need to go back to the basics. Injuries suck right now as our most important depth pieces are out for a while. Last game the Canucks got waaaayy ahead of themselves and got caught chasing the play towards the end of the 3rd. Big hits are nice and all, but if you get caught out of position to make a big hit, your ass is on the bench. I want to say it’s gonna be a 5-1 Vancouver win but the Canucks always seem to struggle in early morning games . 

it's easy to say this is an important game, so I'll say it, this is an important game. Because the boys haven't been playing as well as they can winning today will be a key to regain momentum. It seems some players haven't found consistency in their game and that is critical for a long run in the playoffs. GCG!

10 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Batch is on paternity leave. 

I really enjoy Dan and the others at 650 (Sat's my favourite).

Looking forward to it. 

Morning games are great for me (get stuff done afterward) but we'll see how the team fares. Hoping they get a better set of officials and a fair shake at things. Last game messed with them mentally and they bought in and lost focus. 

All business this game.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Can’t wait for a 2-1 SOL. I hate matinees.  Canucks need to go back to the basics. Injuries suck right now as our most important depth pieces are out for a while. Last game the Canucks got waaaayy ahead of themselves and got caught chasing the play towards the end of the 3rd. Big hits are nice and all, but if you get caught out of position to make a big hit, your ass is on the bench. I want to say it’s gonna be a 5-1 Vancouver win but the Canucks always seem to struggle in early morning games . 

Yes, but the L will be a learning experience, as they like to say 🤪 

31 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Chief among the players that are helping make Tocchet look good is J.T. Miller, who has 24 goals and 70 points in 56 games with the Canucks so far. At the moment, he is tied for ninth in the league in points.

The two threads that tie each other together are their fiery personalities and desire to win. Both Tocchet and Miller aren’t afraid to let people know what they really think and it’s this dynamic that makes them an interesting pair.

Miller appeared on Hockey Night in Canada’s After Hours segment with Scott Oake following Saturday night’s 4-2 loss to the Winnipeg Jets where he opened up about his relationship with Tocchet.

“[Tocchet] has done so much for me,” Miller started. “Toch and I, we have a really honest relationship. Sometimes it’s not pretty but I’m okay and comfortable in that environment and I’m still learning.

I really like the raw honesty that both of these guys bring.

No beating around the bush, just straight up good communication. 

Love Tocchet, he brings a good balance of coaching and listening....gets feedback and info from his players that helps him do his job. Not all coaches are open to that. Ego can get in the way..."I'm the coach" stuff of authority (mongering). Bruce was maybe too good a guy....less coach, more friend. Loved him, but Tocch's giving them some good structure and tools for the toolbox.

• Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 2

Man this is a terrible schedule. I didn’t realize we play tomorrow against a rested Colorado team. We almost have to win today because I can’t see them winning being tired tomorrow. At least it’s early today and later tomorrow but come on NHL. Do you actually like your players this year?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

51 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

At least I'm not working today, but another early start? Whoever made this schedule needs to be slapped upside the head.

Yep it’s not good. This after a two game homestand and the team was excited to be back. lol. Hi and bye to families. At least they have a nine game homestand coming up.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82