Juice Talks Canucks and More (Spittin' Chicklets)

Canuck You

• Canuck You changed the title to Juice Talks Canucks and More (Spittin' Chicklets)

Eh, Juice is great as usual but the show itself is just.. underwhelming. 

Boils down to Demko early, sure. He's probably right about our being a bit lean up front, we were pretty top heavy offensively last season. 

Lot of question marks surrounding this team, they brought some guys in on the team and on the coaching staff and it all sounds nice, but they need to go out and show that they can compete regularly and actually make the playoffs. Optimism is fine and dandy but if they want to be considered a playoff regular they need to show they can actually do it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Had a chance to meet them at my tournament in Philly a couple years back and just did not feel the hype. Mind you I do not drink anymore (Whitney is not terrible), but I just feel like they are the Shoresy version of hockey pods. I did get a pic with Gritty though and that was AWESOME!!! He is a dick and I love it 🥰

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Eh, Juice is great as usual but the show itself is just.. underwhelming. 

Boils down to Demko early, sure. He's probably right about our being a bit lean up front, we were pretty top heavy offensively last season. 

Lot of question marks surrounding this team, they brought some guys in on the team and on the coaching staff and it all sounds nice, but they need to go out and show that they can compete regularly and actually make the playoffs. Optimism is fine and dandy but if they want to be considered a playoff regular they need to show they can actually do it. 

Definitely see some yellow flags up front. 
‘JTM has never managed a full season at C. 
Suter, Blueger as 3 and 4 is underwhelming.

Brock coming off underwhelming season were looked disinterested.

‘Garland, see Brock. 
Mik may or may not be ready and is a player dependent on his speed coming off major knee injury. 
‘Size lacking all over forward core. 
‘Beau inconsistent and defensively questionable

Hoglander hasn’t been able to score at NHL level

Pearson coming back after 7 hand surgeries. 

A lot of yellow flags even assuming that Kuz can maintain an unsustainable shooting percentage and doesn’t have a sophomore slump. 

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Definitely see some yellow flags up front. 
‘JTM has never managed a full season at C. 
Suter, Blueger as 3 and 4 is underwhelming.

Brock coming off underwhelming season were looked disinterested.

‘Garland, see Brock. 
Mik may or may not be ready and is a player dependent on his speed coming off major knee injury. 
‘Size lacking all over forward core. 
‘Beau inconsistent and defensively questionable

Hoglander hasn’t been able to score at NHL level

Pearson coming back after 7 hand surgeries. 

A lot of yellow flags even assuming that Kuz can maintain an unsustainable shooting percentage and doesn’t have a sophomore slump. 

Hard to say, we'll see how Miller does as a center because he's here as one going forward, it's not as if we've got a better 2C option within the organization at the moment. We'll see how he does, he's been productive the past few years, we'll see how he handles the increased responsibility. 

Hard to predict how new guys will fit, I like that we brought in players whose bread and butter is more on the defensive side of things, but we need to see actual positive results stemming from their addition. Right now we're just spitballing, there's no body of work in a Canuck uniform yet. Same goes for Hronek, his sample size was rather small, we'll see how he does. He should benefit the team's D in theory, let's see how he plays. 

Hard to say with Mik, especially with his being out to start the season, he hasn't had a whole lot of luck regarding injury as a Canuck yet and it's dampened his momentum and potential impact. I liked what I saw, but yeah, we'll see if he can stay healthy and step in and make an impact when he's ready. 

Not sold on Beau, I question what he is outside the top six, he's a guy I'd look to move as I view him as a middle six tweener. Maybe he solidifies a top six spot and plays well, that'd be great, my question is what he's capable of it he doesn't. 

Hoglander is young, has skill, but yeah he needs to show that he belongs. If he isn't currently waiver eligible he's close, I know that's part of why he was kept down towards the end of last season. Same goes for Podz, he needs to start taking steps forward and realize some of his potential, although I'd say he's better suited for a bottom six role than Hoglander. Like Hoglander's engine though, there's lots to like with Hoglander, problem is he needs to produce. 

Pearson is a wildcard, he does bring some positive attributes but he's also hasn't played in a good while. 

Kuz will likely need to shoot more, that shooting percentage likely isn't sustainable, I'm expecting his numbers to regress. But that isn't to say he won't be a top six player, it just speaks to how out there his shooting percentage was last season. 

Lot of what if's. How do the new guys fit in? Can young guys take steps forward? Can Pettersson, Miller, Hughes, and Kuz at least be close to what they were last season offensively? If not, who picks up the slack? How do the guys look under RT from the get go, does it actually work over a longer stretch? How do special teams go? What does Demko look like out of the gate, does he return to form? Can Martin be a steady backup? Is Silovs ready, should he be a backup or be a starter in Abbotsford? How do injuries play into things? We were pretty fortunate last season regarding our main drivers up front and on D. 

Lots of questions. 

Edited by Coconuts

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hard to say, we'll see how Miller does as a center because he's here as one going forward, it's not as if we've got a better 2C option within the organization at the moment. We'll see how he does, he's been productive the past few years, we'll see how he handles the increased responsibility. 

Hard to predict how new guys will fit, I like that we brought in players whose bread and butter is more on the defensive side of things, but we need to see actual positive results stemming from their addition. Right now we're just spitballing, there's no body of work in a Canuck uniform yet. Same goes for Hronek, his sample size was rather small, we'll see how he does. He should benefit the team's D in theory, let's see how he plays. 

Hard to say with Mik, especially with his being out to start the season, he hasn't had a whole lot of luck regarding injury as a Canuck yet and it's dampened his momentum and potential impact. I liked what I saw, but yeah, we'll see if he can stay healthy and step in and make an impact when he's ready. 

Not sold on Beau, I question what he is outside the top six, he's a guy I'd look to move as I view him as a middle six tweener. Maybe he solidifies a top six spot and plays well, that'd be great, my question is what he's capable of it he doesn't. 

Hoglander is young, has skill, but yeah he needs to show that he belongs. If he isn't currently waiver eligible he's close, I know that's part of why he was kept down towards the end of last season. Same goes for Podz, he needs to start taking steps forward and realize some of his potential, although I'd say he's better suited for a bottom six role than Hoglander. Like Hoglander's engine though, there's lots to like with Hoglander, problem is he needs to produce. 

Pearson is a wildcard, he does bring some positive attributes but he's also hasn't played in a good while. 

Kuz will likely need to shoot more, that shooting percentage likely isn't sustainable, I'm expecting his numbers to regress. But that isn't to say he won't be a top six player, it just speaks to how out there his shooting percentage was last season. 

Lot of what if's. How do the new guys fit in? Can young guys take steps forward? Can Pettersson, Miller, Hughes, and Kuz at least be close to what they were last season offensively? If not, who picks up the slack? How do the guys look under RT from the get go, does it actually work over a longer stretch? How do special teams go? What does Demko look like out of the gate, does he return to form? Can Martin be a steady backup? Is Silovs ready, should he be a backup or be a starter in Abbotsford? How do injuries play into things? We were pretty fortunate last season regarding our main drivers up front and on D. 

Lots of questions. 

Yep and let’s not forget we are essentially back to the TG style of play which is where Demko had his best results but the offence was frustrating to watch. 
There could be a major drop off in our offence. 

12 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

These guys usually talk so much sh!t about the nucks... With NO actual knowledge of the team.

It's the same with the Steve Dangle podcast (SDPN); The vast majoirty of what they say about the Canucks is usually wrong. Of course they're a maple laffs based podcast so I don't expect much in-depth analysis on the Canucks, but wow. It's like would a modicum of background and research before speaking really kill you guys?

the answer is apparently yes.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Canuckle said:

It's the same with the Steve Dangle podcast (SDPN); The vast majoirty of what they say about the Canucks is usually wrong. Of course they're a maple laffs based podcast so I don't expect much in-depth analysis on the Canucks, but wow. It's like would a modicum of background and research before speaking really kill you guys?

the answer is apparently yes.

If they talk while actually being informed people will begin to expect it

• Haha 1

I don’t expect these guys to be knowledgeable on any of the teams. They’re just former players who get all their info from current players and form their own opinions without much research, then go kill their livers on the golf course. 

If you’re watching spittin chicklets for anything other than entertainment, you’re doing it wrong.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:27 AM, Canuck You said:

I don't know who this Kuzamenko guy is but I think he will be great!

Pretty good interview.  I think KB is underselling Kuzy a bit and didn't mention Hronek on the back end, as our 2nd puck mover in the top 4 after Hughes.  

1 of these guys will be on the ice for a total of about 45-50 minutes a game and everyone else can hunker down and just play defense like he said.  

Season can't start soon enough.