[RUMOUR] Henrique on the move sooner than later

23 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Petey and Mik for McTavish, Henrique, 1st, 2nd 🫣

I've been screaming for Mctavish and that 1st...please please please

Thank being said, if any Petey deal occurs, its post season before the draft imho. We are heading to the playoffs, we're not taking out a 100pt player this season when we don't have to. Yes we'd miss on Henrique but

Petey and Mik for

Mctavish, the 1st rounder, and another player in the offseason is just as helpful.

LOVE McTavish, and imagine him learning from / being mentored by Miller?

34 minutes ago, Bardown said:

I've been screaming for Mctavish and that 1st...please please please

Thank being said, if any Petey deal occurs, its post season before the draft imho. We are heading to the playoffs, we're not taking out a 100pt player this season when we don't have to. Yes we'd miss on Henrique but

Petey and Mik for

Mctavish, the 1st rounder, and another player in the offseason is just as helpful.

LOVE McTavish, and imagine him learning from / being mentored by Miller?

I still don't think the Ducks will make the trade for Petey, as he wants to play for a contender. 

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I still don't think the Ducks will make the trade for Petey, as he wants to play for a contender. 

We are a contender

I think petey was using that as a mask to the truth. We are offering him pretty much whatever he wants, within reason. We are now a cup contender, or very close, and he still hasn't signed?

Its something about Vancouver and the spotlight I think....JMHO

And if I am right, he will be happy with the money, sun, and anonymity in Orange County.

Edited by Bardown
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bardown said:

We are a contender

I think petey was using that as a mask to the truth. We are offering him pretty much whatever he wants, within reason. We are now a cup contender, or very close, and he still hasn't signed?

And if I am right, he will be happy with the money, sun, and anonymity in Orange County.

I think you are bang on. He will go to Florida/Anaheim/Carolina IMO. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bardown said:

We are a contender

I disagree. I firmly believe Petey when he says he wants to play for a winning team. He won't sign with Anaheim just because it's out of the spotlight. Florida would be a good spot for him.

27 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I disagree. I firmly believe Petey when he says he wants to play for a winning team. He won't sign with Anaheim just because it's out of the spotlight. Florida would be a good spot for him.

Agreed.  Petey will not sign with a rebuilding team, who usually have the salary cap, but

won't want to lose their young stars.  Detroit is coming out of their rebuild and appears to

be lacking in the C department.  EP would likely be a good fit and probably sign on a promising

team like Detroit going forward.

The problem with contending teams like Fla, is that they have very little salary cap

and likely have fewer good options for a trade.  Right now, they have signed Barkov C + Borovski G

at $10m each with NMCs.  Tketchup LW signed for $9.5m with NMC.  UFAS Forsling LW is having a

career year and Reinhart RW is also having a career year.  Seems almost impossible to add a player

like EP.

As for me, I am not in the 'trade Petey camp', so I leave it to the team experts, rather than

the armchair experts in this thread.😉