Vaccine thread

Gurn

On 9/28/2023 at 3:06 PM, moosehead said:

How about prescription plans do not cover meds  for un vaxed ?

How about hospitals charge 1000,00 user fee for the unvaxed ?

People can make a personal choice to be non vaxed but why should the rest of us pay for their lack of belief in science ?

Man some of you guys would love to live in a dictatorship I think. Also given that I'm not vaccinated, does that mean I don't have to pay taxes? If you want me to pay more to go see a doctor? I mean I don't mind but then again I pay significance amount of taxes for the health care system. So if I don't have to pay that and I have to pay extra because I'm not vaccinated I might be able to get on board with that. But I doubt you are the government would allow me not to pay my taxes hey?

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Man some of you guys would love to live in a dictatorship I think. Also given that I'm not vaccinated, does that mean I don't have to pay taxes? If you want me to pay more to go see a doctor? I mean I don't mind but then again I pay significance amount of taxes for the health care system. So if I don't have to pay that and I have to pay extra because I'm not vaccinated I might be able to get on board with that. But I doubt you are the government would allow me not to pay my taxes hey?

It doesn't make sense now because the majority of the hospitalized are vaxxed. 

Edited by bolt
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

It doesn't make sense now because the majority of the hospitalized are vaxxed.

It never made sense in the first place. Imagine charging something to somebody when they already paid for it. Further to that point how could they even consider doing that and not making smokers pay more. I've seen a previous poster said that smoking and alcohol tax is offset the cost of healthcare that's not even close.

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Maybe simpler  to just deny unvaxed people access to public hospitals.....      Show your vax status to enter a hospital.   Easy peasy.....

Yeah I would be in favor of that but would that mean I don't have to pay taxes anymore for healthcare? Otherwise you're making me pay for something I can't use. Seems a little bit bizarre, doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah I would be in favor of that but would that mean I don't have to pay taxes anymore for healthcare? Otherwise you're making me pay for something I can't use. Seems a little bit bizarre, doesn't it?

People without kids  still pay taxes for schools.  

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

@moosehead I actually don't want to have a covid debate today so I'm not ignoring you. I'm just don't feel like debating it lol. I will point out though and you can respond and maybe we can keep the conversation to that. But the death rate of this is pretty low and we've seen people like yourself come up with very crazy ideas. And of course you aren't the only one. But I would just like to ask considering the death rate for this is quite low. Imagine if we end up with a pandemic where the death rate is in the double digits. I feel like there's lots of you that will really turn on your neighbor's,  family and community members. 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

People pay taxes that help pay for BC ferries.. yet they never visit van  island...

So you aren't even defending such a unconstitutional position you have, but instead pointing to other provincial taxes on people that might not use something? The rest of Canada doesn't pay for BC fairies just BC citizens do. Even was saying that don't they charge money to use the fairies? I would imagine that's what pays for the fairies, not taxes.

Edit: my apologies for the spelling and the misplaced words talking into my phone is not a good idea lol

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

So you aren't even defending such a unconstitutional position you have, but instead pointing to other provincial taxes on people that might not use something? The rest of Canada doesn't pay for BC fairies just BC citizens do. Even was saying that don't they charge money to use the fairies? I would imagine that's what pays for the fairies, not taxes.

B.C. Ferries will receive a $500 million cash injection to be used to keep fares at below the rate of inflation and partly electrify the fleet.

This will be on top of the corporation’s annual operating subsidy — called the ferry transportation fee — of around $200 million a year that comes from the provincial government.

Article content

B.C. Premier David Eby said on Sunday afternoon that the additional half billion dollars would come from the government’s most recent budgetary surplus.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-ferries-gets-half-billion-dollar-cash-injection-from-provincial-government#:~:text=This will be on top,comes from the provincial government.

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

B.C. Ferries will receive a $500 million cash injection to be used to keep fares at below the rate of inflation and partly electrify the fleet.

This will be on top of the corporation’s annual operating subsidy — called the ferry transportation fee — of around $200 million a year that comes from the provincial government.

Article content

B.C. Premier David Eby said on Sunday afternoon that the additional half billion dollars would come from the government’s most recent budgetary surplus.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-ferries-gets-half-billion-dollar-cash-injection-from-provincial-government#:~:text=This will be on top,comes from the provincial government.

Ya that's not very cool. What about guys like @Warhippy  live in Penticton and have to pay taxes for BC ferries. I mean I suppose the argument would be that they have to pay it because they might use it at some point. I don't know. I'll be more than happy for you to educate me on that.

Edited by Ryan Strome

7 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Article content

What does this have to do with the vaccine?  Not sure if you're using this is as an argument for denying services which isn't a Canadian ideal at all. 

Advocating to deny people from seeing a doctor is very deranged.  

Edited by bolt
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I took the covid jab 2 years ago. Still waiting on my superpowers. They promised me X-ray vision 🙄🙄

Maybe saved your life.....   maybe saved lives of others you have been in contact with......maybe got your phone better cellular reception and high speed wifi....

Edited by moosehead
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Edit: my apologies for the spelling and the misplaced words talking into my phone is not a good idea lol

The federal government also subsidizes the BC Ferry I believe.

Edited by Odd.

35 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Maybe simpler  to just deny unvaxed people access to public hospitals.....      Show your vax status to enter a hospital.   Easy peasy.....

You have a medical emergency and don't have your card on you?

"Sorry, guess you'll just have to suffer"

Just a terrible, terrible idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

You have a medical emergency and don't have your card on you?

"Sorry, guess you'll just have to suffer"

Just a terrible, terrible idea.

It certainly is a terrible idea and quite unconstitutional. That being said I've actually heard People go a lot further than that but to be perfectly honest it's when I visit BCI here all this hogwash.