Vaccine thread

Gurn

Definately want to get my covid vax as soon as possible.

The less severe covid i get the better.... as then i will be less likely to infect others including my elderly relatives.

So yes i want my covid shot as soon as i can go get it.    Stay safe everyone, lots of covid now in the schools.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Definately want to get my covid vax as soon as possible.

The less severe covid i get the better.... as then i will be less likely to infect others including my elderly relatives.

So yes i want my covid shot as soon as i can go get it.    Stay safe everyone, lots of covid now in the schools.

Same here. 

I have way too much to lose if I got fucked up by Covid. 

What should we say?

“Not today Covid!”

• Like 2

Well.

Over the last 4 epi-weeks, cases (infection episodes), hospitalizations, and deaths have increased, meanwhile critical care admissions have remained stable. Testing rates and percent positivity for MSP-funded specimens have increased in the same time period.

Severe outcomes

• The number of hospitalizations per week fluctuated between 159 and 178 in the last 4 epi-weeks (August 20-September 16, 2023). There were 178 hospitalizations reported most recently in epi-week 37 (September 10-16, 2023).

• The number of critical care admissions per week remained stable in the last 4 epi-weeks, ranging between 17 and 22 critical care admissions per week. There were 22 critical care admissions reported most recently in epi-week 37.

• The number of deaths per week increased from 10 in epi-week 34 (August 20-26, 2023) to 22 in epi-week 37.

• From epi-week 12 (March 19-25, 2023) to epi-week 37, 46% of deaths with any positive COVID-19 lab test within 30 days of the date of death were reported to have COVID-19 as the underlying cause of death.

• We operate in a live database environment and it is expected that the number of hospitalizations, critical care admissions, and deaths in the current reporting week will increase over time with further updates of data feeds to the BC Centre for Disease Control.

Cases

• The number of infection episodes per week increased from 366 in epi-week 34 to 628 in epi-week 37. In the last 4 epi-weeks, infection episodes continue to increase notably among those 60 years and older.

Laboratory testing

• The per capita testing rate for MSP-funded specimens increased from 39 per 100,000 in epi-week 34 to 59 per 100,000 in epi-week 37.

• The percent positivity of MSP-funded specimens decreased slightly from 18.1% in epi-week 34 to 16.6% in epi-week 36 (September 3-9, 2023), followed by an increase to 20.8% in epi-week 37.

Whole genome sequencing

• The lineages most detected in BC are currently EG.5.* and XBB.1.16.*. EG.5.* remains the predominantly detected lineage in BC. The 7-day rolling average of EG.5.* (n = 442) was 33% on September 7, 2023.

• Omicron variant BA.2.86 has recently been flagged as a variant under monitoring (VUM) to closely follow. To date, only 3 samples of BA.2.86 have been detected in BC.

Wastewater samples

• SARS-CoV-2 levels detected at wastewater plants serving Metro Vancouver, Victoria, Comox and Kelowna continue to increase. At other plants under surveillance in the province, SARS-CoV-2 have stabilized or slightly decreased.

Outbreaks

• Over the last 4 epi-weeks, the number of COVID-19 facility outbreaks have remained low and stable; there were 6 outbreaks reported in acute care facilities and 4 outbreaks reported in long-term care facilities.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/24/2023 at 8:06 AM, Alflives said:

Refuse vaccinations and get no public medical help if get sick with something a vaccine would have helped prevent serious illness from occurring. Or just move to Alberta. 

You butt out and leave the your vaccine to those who need it the most, All that alcohol you consume prob has killed every bad bacteria in your body! 😜

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, Alflives said:

Refuse vaccinations and get no public medical help if get sick with something a vaccine would have helped prevent serious illness from occurring. Or just move to Alberta. 

We should also refuse to help smokers and drinkers as they are are willingly ingesting poisons.

Not wearing a seatbelt? No medical help.

Also if you’re from Manitoba you can gtfo.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Make way, make way.

The court of intelligent opinionated Canadians has taken the room.  They will now tell you why they are smarter than you and medical professionals based on their opinion based on years of drinking horse urine.

Because wearing a mask in a medical facility which has been the norm now for years is going to be a loss of rights or some such crap

British Columbia Health Minister Adrian Dix says an announcement is coming Thursday on new rules for the province's health-care facilities, include masking.

Dix did not provide any specifics Wednesday, but said Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry will be taking people through the evidence and making recommendations for both people's daily lives and the health-care system.

The wording of a leaked provincial memo, shared with CBC News by a retired physician, calls for "continuous masking by health-care workers, visitors, contractors and volunteers in all patient, client and resident care areas" starting Oct. 3.

According to the memo, masking will also be required in physician offices and outpatient clinics but says "patients, clients and residents will mask when directed by a health-care worker or based on personal choice."

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

According to the memo, masking will also be required in physician offices and outpatient clinics but says "patients, clients and residents will mask when directed by a health-care worker or based on personal choice."

Seems to be bad wording here.

Too much grey area, imo going to lead to problems with some people.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Seems to be bad wording here.

Too much grey area, imo going to lead to problems with some people.

I dont see it as such

Patients, clients and residents will wear masks when directed by health care workers.  mandatorily in offices and outpatient clinics and by direction in other health centres.

Pretty simple to read but many will ignore it and blame the gubmint

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I dont see it as such

Patients, clients and residents will wear masks when directed by health care workers.  mandatorily in offices and outpatient clinics and by direction in other health centres.

Pretty simple to read but many will ignore it and blame the gubmint

I think the key "grey" area that @Gurn is trying to point out is the last part of the quote, the "or based on personal choice".  Since this wording can be construed as offering prerogative to an individual to make that determination themself, they can interpret that as the freedumb to ignore the other part about "when directed" by those other roles.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Babych said:

We should also refuse to help smokers and drinkers as they are are willingly ingesting poisons.

Not wearing a seatbelt? No medical help.

Also if you’re from Manitoba you can gtfo.

For the record the taxes from booze and cigarettes helps offset their health effects.  Are you saying we should tax the non vax?  Has a bit of a ring to it 😂 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rook said:

For the record the taxes from booze and cigarettes helps offset their health effects.  Are you saying we should tax the non vax?  Has a bit of a ring to it 😂 

How about prescription plans do not cover meds  for un vaxed ?

How about hospitals charge 1000,00 user fee for the unvaxed ?

People can make a personal choice to be non vaxed but why should the rest of us pay for their lack of belief in science ?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, moosehead said:

How about prescription plans do not cover meds  for un vaxed ?

How about hospitals charge 1000,00 user fee for the unvaxed ?

People can make a personal choice to be non vaxed but why should the rest of us pay for their lack of belief in science ?

Agreed.  Bottom line is that I don't want my tax dollars wasted on keeping these idiots alive.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Rook said:

I like it. 

And another provincial tax levied against residents of Manitoba to further offset these costs. They made a choice to live there, it’s on them.

I bet JB has strong ties to Manitoba. @Alflives

Benning 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

I've had 4 shots and the virus itself once.  I'm strongly considering not getting this new shot.  I'm starting to be concerned with unknown long term side effects.  If the new variant starts to spread around New York State like wildfire, I'll get it so I don't become a walking incubator.  Until then, my trust with these drug companies and the FDA is low.  It doesn't help that people have politicized it like crazy. 

One side prays at the alter of the almighty deities Moderna and Pfizer while the other side wants you to believe that the gov't has a secret program replacing people with imposters they believe to be dead.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/25/2023 at 6:38 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

I probably won't get another Covid shot.

Haven't really put much thought into other shots. 

I was all for the vaccine, I had no choice because of work travel. I even got a booster. Now that the dust has settled and we can all look back at what happened it was a wash. 
the vaccine didn’t kill a bunch of people but it also didn’t work very well. If they come up with one that actually works. I’ll think about taking it. 

• ThereItIs 1