Anyone done thier Income Tax yet?

Yes, they are almost done!

I took a stroll today to the tax office to have my taxes done!

See the bag? They are in the bag all organized in an envelope. 

IMG_5390.thumb.jpeg.d74d9316cdcf062cae23db6ff19462c9.jpeg

And I picked these up along the way! 

A baking pan and pink sunglasses that were free! 

IMG_5395.thumb.jpeg.029de0906a33473f7769e10b243020d6.jpeg

Edited by brilac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, chris12345 said:

All done! Nothing like a Friday night tax party.

Oh yes, and with the whiskey, champagne, or wine, or all! 

I used to drink wine when I would do my taxes - sip after sip.

These days, I have a tax professional do my taxes. 

9 hours ago, brilac said:

Oh yes, and with the whiskey, champagne, or wine, or all! 

I used to drink wine when I would do my taxes - sip after sip.

These days, I have a tax professional do my taxes. 

I get a professional to do mine too!!!!

• Like 2

An editorial from the G&M on income tax:

Fill in the blanks on automatic tax filing

Several dozen countries have some version of automatic tax filing. Look at Sweden: The country’s tax agency sends out completed returns and, if the information is correct, all an individual has to do is click “approve” – and can even do so by text message. In the early 2010s, Sweden set out to build “a totally automated process for all income-tax declarations.” The system was soon handling automatic returns for 90 per cent of taxpayers.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/gift/5647385edcff2020c0b78cafdec336f965b6fac6c5bf41ffeb1ac3eb5cc30ad2/XYZJK6OE25FH5OKKWO37QPJF4Y/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

An editorial from the G&M on income tax:

Fill in the blanks on automatic tax filing

Several dozen countries have some version of automatic tax filing. Look at Sweden: The country’s tax agency sends out completed returns and, if the information is correct, all an individual has to do is click “approve” – and can even do so by text message. In the early 2010s, Sweden set out to build “a totally automated process for all income-tax declarations.” The system was soon handling automatic returns for 90 per cent of taxpayers.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/gift/5647385edcff2020c0b78cafdec336f965b6fac6c5bf41ffeb1ac3eb5cc30ad2/XYZJK6OE25FH5OKKWO37QPJF4Y/

Been saying this for years....we all get a Notice of Assessment after we file, anyway....

Why not just have employers submit T4s to the CRA and let them do it. I just fill in the blanks with my tax software as it is....

....and while we're on the subject, does anyone else think it's the stupidest thing ever to require us to enter information from the previous year's NOA on our current tax return?

There have been a couple of years that I couldn't find last year's NOA, so I had to spend a half hour on the phone, just to find out what my maximum RRSP contributions are...same with the Netfile number....

Dumbest thing ever....:classic_dry:

34 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

....and while we're on the subject, does anyone else think it's the stupidest thing ever to require us to enter information from the previous year's NOA on our current tax return?

There have been a couple of years that I couldn't find last year's NOA, so I had to spend a half hour on the phone, just to find out what my maximum RRSP contributions are...same with the Netfile number....

Dumbest thing ever....:classic_dry:

Sounds like it's amateur hour to me.