[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Just now, Dom said:

I agree. I am sure they have something up their sleeve. Wish they would move on from Guentzel already. 

They likely do. But they've already made huge improvements with early deals.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Maybe we over sold them Kuzz. 

Tocchet completely destroyed his value. It should have been Lindholm for Kuzmenko straight across with the benefit to them being the extra year. 

Kuz was the fastest active nhl player to 100 points(faster than Mcdavid, Ovechkin, Crosby, Matthews, Pettersson, etc) and we had to add a 1st and an “A” prospect to him to trade him??? That boggles my mind. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Tocchet completely destroyed his value. It should have been Lindholm for Kuzmenko straight across with the benefit to them being the extra year. 

Kuz was the fastest active nhl player to 100 points(faster than Mcdavid, Ovechkin, Crosby, Matthews, Pettersson, etc) and we had to add a 1st and an “A” prospect to him to trade him??? That boggles my mind. 

Teams don’t win with guys like Cruise Missile. He’s a softy. Great smile. But a craperolla player if the goal is to win. He’ll help the Flames get a higher first rounder this year and next. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Teams don’t win with guys like Cruise Missile. He’s a softy. Great smile. But a craperolla player if the goal is to win. He’ll help the Flames get a higher first rounder this year and next. 

2026 probably. It looks like the flames are trying to put themselves in a position to have a good chance at drafting McKenna. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Northern_Nuck said:

2026 probably. It looks like the flames are trying to put themselves in a position to have a good chance at drafting McKenna. 

And Kuzzy softens the blow of losing with the fans. He can score and he’s cute. But he’s not going to help them win. Perfect match. 

Just now, Alflives said:

And Kuzzy softens the blow of losing with the fans. He can score and he’s cute. But he’s not going to help them win. Perfect match. 

Yup and he’ll probably acquire them 3 more assets next year. While we add to Lindholm to flip him for either a proven playoff performer (Guentzel) or keep him when Vegas acquires him and subtract more from our roster to try and answer what Vegas, Edmonton and LA do.,

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Yup and he’ll probably acquire them 3 more assets next year. While we add to Lindholm to flip him for either a proven playoff performer (Guentzel) or keep him when Vegas acquires him and subtract more from our roster to try and answer what Vegas, Edmonton and LA do.,

There is zero chance any club will take on Cruise Missile at the 2025 TDL. He’s not a player a club can win with so why would a club add him at the TDL? 
Lindholm was a free get. We gave up nothing for him. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

There is zero chance any club will take on Cruise Missile at the 2025 TDL. He’s not a player a club can win with so why would a club add him at the TDL? 
Lindholm was a free get. We gave up nothing for him. 

There is a 99% chance and a 150% chance he’ll get more than Lindholm got. Book it. 

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Bring him back.

He wanted to stay in Vancouver as well. 

I read somewhere that the Abby Canucks healthy scratched Silvos last night and Jersey is looking for a goalie....jus' sayin'

• ThereItIs 1

Kind of hoping Guentzel signs with Carolina, so we can move on. The price sounds steep, more than the Canucks have. I'd hate to lose the 2025 1st, Lekkerimaki, Willander or D-Pettersson.

Even a couple of smaller trades, bringing in Zucker and Duhaime would be fine.  Keep Lindholm.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Zucker - Lindholm - Hoglander

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Lafferty - Suter - Duhaime

Di Giuseppe

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I read somewhere that the Abby Canucks healthy scratched Silvos last night and Jersey is looking for a goalie....jus' sayin'

They did, and they are! Toffoli, Hogs and Petey would be good.

9 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I think the goalies Jersey is looking for Is either Ullmark or Markstrom. Not a guy with 3 career mediocre NHL starts. 

41 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

In what way was Kuz the fastest to 100 points? Crosby had over 100 points in his first 81 games, Kuz only had 74 in his first 81 games. 

Tocchet wasn't the one that destroyed Kuzy's value Kuzy did by being one dimensional. You don't let a player float around and hurt the team game just so he has trade value. 

• Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

22 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Bring him back.

He wanted to stay in Vancouver as well. 

Did he? How did Benning bugger that whole situation up so incredibly badly? How could you let a top 6 forward and a top 4 defensemen who wanted to stay for nothing because you "run our of time".

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

You’re right. Now they’re sitting just shy of 24 million in cap on the injured lists. 

Must be on LTIR to use the cap, though, so their IR players are merely hurting their chances to make the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Highstickin said:

In what way was Kuz the fastest to 100 points? Crosby had over 100 points in his first 81 games, Kuz only had 74 in his first 81 games. 

Tocchet wasn't the one that destroyed Kuzy's value Kuzy did by being one dimensional. You don't let a player float around and hurt the team game just so he has trade value.