[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

I did this last year on CDC and it ended up being about 100 pages long, so I figured I'd try it again this time around. 

Who do we walk away with on Friday? Guentzel? Duhaime? Giroux? Greenway? 

Discuss!

Edited by Honkin Hronek
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1
  • Wiener 1

I do wonder about Podz being sent back to Abby, and if it might have to do with Kessel. Kessel has to sign by Friday if they want him for playoffs. 

Sounds like Canucks are really going after Guentzel. I haven't watched a lot of PIT games, so I'm no expert on Guentzel at all, but he provides a lot of offence. Is that the Crosby effect or could he also produce like that with Petey? Why not?

Miller - Boeser

Guentzel - Pettersson

• Like 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Alvin will

• try to go after a top six player
  • attempt to trade Mikeyev
  • bolster the bottom six with larger or more physical players 
  • potentially trade for a depth defenseman with size.

if they do get guentzel, I could see them trading lindholm seeing as it sounds like he will not resign here cuz he wants 8 mill/yr 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

I do wonder about Podz being sent back to Abby, and if it might have to do with Kessel. Kessel has to sign by Friday if they want him for playoffs. 

Sounds like Canucks are really going after Guentzel. I haven't watched a lot of PIT games, so I'm no expert on Guentzel at all, but he provides a lot of offence. Is that the Crosby effect or could he also produce like that with Petey? Why not?

Miller - Boeser

Guentzel - Pettersson

Dhali said that the Podz move is unrelated to both Joshua and Kessel. This is purely a trade/cap flexibility move. I was listening to Halford and Brough and they speculated and said not to be surprised if we see someone on waivers today of the Aman, Friedman mold...

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

if they do get guentzel, I could see them trading lindholm seeing as it sounds like he will not resign here cuz he wants 8 mill/yr 

I still believe there's almost no chance that Lindholm gets traded. Management didn't seem to worried in the past with delaying talks until the end of the season and just cause reports that the initial talks didn't lead to anything doesn't really mean much.

Guentzel would provide more offense, but I still think Lindholm to us is more valuable right now. Especially if he finds his offensive game.

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Miller - Boeser

Guentzel - Pettersson

I'm disappointed that he would go back to the farm. So we can continue to trot out di giuseppe who hasn't had a point in 26 games. I'm hoping we can upgrade that spot and send him to Abby (no way he is claimed) by the deadline.

Would rather the team keep Hoglander. 

Agreed. I'd rather Hoglander and Podkolzin both stay. I like Bains, but out of the three, if there's interest on him he's the one I'm most willing to move at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Would rather the team keep Hoglander. 

So would I. I think the best version of this team has him and Suter on the 4th line, but that means we end up trading our 2025 first and one or both of Lekk and Willander.

xxxx - Petey - Lindholm 

xxxx - Miller - Boeser 

Dak - Blueger - Garland 

Hog - Suter - Lafferty

Who are the plusses? Greenway and Guentzel? Remember the costs. 

2 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I'm disappointed that he would go back to the farm. So we can continue to trot out di giuseppe who hasn't had a point in 26 games. I'm hoping we can upgrade that spot and send him to Abby (no way he is claimed) by the deadline.

Speculation regarding assigning him to the AHL...but makes a lot of sense, considering both (Van) teams are in the same state right now.  

Abbotsford is in Ontario, California for a Wednesday night game against the Reign, the AHL affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings. Abby dressed only 11 forwards in their last game — on Sunday, also versus Ontario — so it’s conceivable this is just a move to help the AHL squad out and Podkolzin will be brought back to the NHL before the Canucks’ NHL game in Vegas on Thursday.

• Cheers 1

I think they are going to go hard after a top 6, however they are going to wait until the last minute to see if the price drops. Teams are going to want assets we simply cant give up.

The plan B, which they will likely pull the trigger on is 1, possibly 2 large bottom 6 guys and Kessel.

Defence is good,

Top 6 needs work but they wont sell the farm.

Adding depth into our bottom 6 is more valuable than people realize for a playoff run. Remember it was our 3rd line that carried this team for most of January. 

1 minute ago, Integra250 said:

Yeah, Hoglander is untouchable. He is the type of player that you NEED in a playoff series.

I think he’s a highly valuable asset that should bring a big return, that being said, untouchable should not be the word. That’s reserved for the players like Hughes and Demko. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Continuing on Hoglander, he drives play regardless of what line he's on, and he's got another year at 1.1 Million. That should yield a Hagel/Jeannot return from a team who desperately needs him.

Agree. Hoglander is only untouchable if the return is underwhelming. If other teams value him like we do, and he nets us a solid player(s) in return, then of course he's not untouchable.