[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

2 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

juts annoyed we didnt make any moved to strengthen us for the playoff push, all the other contenders did, as much as i love the canucks, i just dont think we have the roster , minus the last 3 games, we are a very shaky team, and sometimes alot of our stars are asleep ..so dunno , how others feel 

The Canucks have made more trades than any other team in the NHL this season. I am not going to complain if they are not panicked into overpaying for a rental at the deadline.  In fact, I am relieved. I think it would have been crazy to even consider trading away the guys most in demand (Hogs, Willander, Lekker) for any of the available rentals. I also would not want to trade away DPetey or Podz or the 2025 first round pick.  And I don't want Bains and Raty to go anywhere. That does not leave the Canucks with much to trade.

And, as others have pointed out, getting Joshua back will be a bigger benefit than any likely rental available.  I will be happy if the Canucks stand pat for the final hour, although maybe they can do something small.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Déjà Vu said:

because mik isnt working with the canucks so maybe a new player new environment will spark something, same for mik and his career

Mik is recovering from his knee surgery. Anyone watching can see the last week or so, his burst seems to be re-emerging. He's the kind of player you need in the playoffs to shut down players like McDavid and Mckinnon.

Just now, Déjà Vu said:

because mik isnt working with the canucks so maybe a new player new environment will spark something, same for mik and his career

Mik is recovering from knee surgery.  He's getting better every week.

By the time playoffs start he'll have more of his speed back. 

1 bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

We know what we have with him and his knee is improving.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Captain Hughes said:

Is he a defenceman? 

It'd be a real feel good story for Votto to hit a few homeruns for Canada's team before he finishes his HOF career that is all....

Again, while we are waiting to find out if Canucks are doing A thing with less than 30 mins left

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I think this management has earned our trust in doing the right thing for the club. Not for ego or news splash attention etc. 

Just as an additional note, what they have accomplished in the past year (including Hronek) has been, truly incredible. They have been more active this year than almost all other GM's combined and got their business done early.

I'd like another D, as I've stated earlier in this thread, but I'm also completely good if we just stand with the team we have.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Votto is done, he's sucked for the last few years. Unless he finds  fountain of youth its just a good news story

We dunno for sure about his health now... Could be an upgrade over Vogelbach? Dare to dream!

Edited by RakuRaku
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Who else here is also excited about Votto going to Toronto???

The only thing about Toronto that get's me excited is...
.. when they draw Tampa in the first round and have another early playoff exit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Media can kiss my ass on this whole Lindolm thing. Just looking for something to poke the Canucks on. Dave McCarthy on NHL Network this morning talking on how he doesn't get why Canucks added another center in the first place!? WTF. "They may have to move someone to wing"!? WTF. Depth, right side center, of which we had none, defensive center, of which every team can use. Apparently cannot comprehend JT or EP on the wing!? Lindholm on the wing !? Stupidest comments I heard in awhile. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just watching TSN and see that no one wants to get stuck with Lind-🏚️ either as he's still on the "dump" board.     Looks like we may end up being stuck with him.   

Should have kept Kuz, Our very valuable 1st round pick, a 3rd or 4th round conditional pick, two good young defensive prospects - which we are so short on - and PA's reputation as a savvy trade maker.

Calgary must be laughing at us now!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Agree completely! Their moves for the most part, have been solid.

Jury is still out on what we gave up for Lindholm, but he's capable of getting back to being the player that we swung for the seats for. Home stretch should give him a good chance to really settle into team culture etc. Gotta burn off the bad Flames vibes! 🙂

I'm going to go by what Tocchet said yesterday, they really like Lindholm's game.  His defensive play is great and so are the face offs.  Team face off % has gone up significantly since Lindy came over.  They're not worried if he hasn't put up many points in 13 games.  There's an adjustment period, he's finding his place in the line up, team slumping a bit etc etc.  They're not flipping him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, JamesB said:

The Canucks have made more trades than any other team in the NHL this season. I am not going to complain if they are not panicked into overpaying for a rental at the deadline.  In fact, I am relieved. I think it would have been crazy to even consider trading away the guys most in demand (Hogs, Willander, Lekker) for any of the available rentals. I also would not want to trade away DPetey or Podz or the 2025 first round pick.  And I don't want Bains and Raty to go anywhere. That does not leave the Canucks with much to trade.

And, as others have pointed out, getting Joshua back will be a bigger benefit than any likely rental available.  I will be happy if the Canucks stand pat for the final hour, although maybe they can do something small.

They may / may not add before deadline, but don't want to blow it all getting stuck in cap hell with no prospects after the plays offs...

We don't even know, how well we mesh up come play offs time...

Maybe Kessel and tough player, but that would be sufficient for me... I'd even be ok with nothing...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

We're getting to that panic selling mode now as well where teams that aren't going to make the playoffs, just want to get something for the UFA's they won't be resigning.

Should be some pretty good deals out there and that might be what Allvin and JR have been waiting for.