GFL 2023-24 (SEA, EDM, MTL Available)

Gator

WAIVERS

The Toronto Maple Leafs (Priority 29) have claimed David Gustafsson off waivers from the Winnipeg Jets 

• *Backdated to MAR 17

The Following players have cleared waivers

TOR - William Lockwood & Liam Foudy

DAL - Walker Duehr

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

ANNOUNCEMENT

I have informed Gator of this already, so this is not a surprise. I will be stepping down as a player agent permanently effective immediately. I will continue all other roles (Updates, Trades, Waivers etc), but I need to step away from the Agent side as it has been very taxing on me this past year, and I need to put more focus into running my own team. I will leave this up to Gator, but I may still help out with the big Free Agent Frenzy, but beyond that, time will not likely permit this summer for me, and I want to try to regain the fun back in FH as it was for me before

Apologies for any inconveniences this may cause if I have anything open with anyone, but I will try to make sure you are taken care of

Just super thrilled to hear you are staying on with your team as GM. A well done job keeping this young league alive, standing ovation from all of us, even though you can't hear it over the internet chatter. Thank you for everything dude.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

On 3/22/2024 at 12:32 PM, Nucker67 said:

NYI puts (G) Daniel Vladar on IR, and calls-up (G) David Rittich, and also calls-up (C) Zack Ostapchuk

Still waiting for these transactions?

NYR super happy with our team progress.

Without BS'ing, we wanted to thread the needle; straddle just above that bottom 5 who cannot win lotto.  A good year for it; 1st overall to 8th pick is only marginally different than 2knd overall! As for our team? Here is also an honest, feel free to critique, assessment of our team;

Tale of two cities; all but maybe one of our top prospects is on our GFL team who's long term centerpiece is Captain Cale Makar! The next tier will start joining next year! This is where we feel we sit;

>    We anticipate Makar & Brock Faber to be our top pair for 10 years plus; Faber a shot at rookie of the year? Top upside perhaps not, but lock top tier player yes!

* Two potential superstar players; tick & a great starting point!

>    Logan Cooley, Marco Rossi, and KHL stud that next best prospect Danila Yurov, may not be superstars? Are locks to be top line players in their careers IMO.

>    Brandt Clark & Kent Johnson may join this tier? Who have upside, and may like Evan Bouchard, play regardless of whether they learn two way play...   🫠

>    So our current honest dilemma is while likely core, none are locks to join Makar and Faber as the stars that drive teams? 

>    We need another guy in this tier, plus someone else, possibly undrafted YET, to emerge! Before we are honest competitors?  

>    The bad news is if that does not develop, we will need a year past next year before we take off. That extra year in the lottery...

>    This is where we sit already having strong core pieces!

>>   The good news?

>>   Our next tier, while not elite, is excellent! Brandt Clarke, Kent Johnson here? Matthew Poitras, Tristan Luneau, Nils Hoglander.

>>   Justus Annunen / Spencer Knight in goal, Fedor Svechkov, Kent Johnson, Connor Zary & D Scott Morrow all look to me like lock NHL guys!

>>   Matthew Wood & D Adam Engstrom could achieve a top tier also?

>>   So we will be deep for years! Having depth, we traded D Lundqvist & Lohrei in this tier, to land Kent Johnson with potential higher up this ladder?

>>   Already have what we feel will be a succession of players on ELC's for a few years! 

>>> More good news!

>>> There guys who have upside in our third tier?

>>> Nikita Grebyonkin F, Dimitry Rashevsky F & Bogdan Konyushkov D, G Sergei Murashov are hitting big #'s in Russia, the first three in the KHL at a young age.

>>> TJ Hughes is putting up 1st round pick #'s in the NCAA.

>>> Everyone here & above not a G, maybe not Engstrom looks to have PP potential at a top level!

>>> Brett Berard a high ceiling low floor guy, if he makes it will score and play 2knd PP?

>>> 6'3'' D Frederic Brunet, 6'2'' Engstrom & 6'5'' D Nikita Novikov look like high floor NHL level 3rd pair defensive D?

>>> 6'1'' 23 year old G Oliver Rodriguez has progressed from ECHL starter 2 years ago, to AHL backup last year to AHL starter with excellent #'s this year!

>>> Rodriguez will absolutely get call ups, still has a sneaky chance of being an NHL starter.  Lord knows Edmonton needs a well developing goalie!

Summarized our young depth is excellent. Awesome if D Luneau & Morrow break camp next year on NHL rosters. We have LOTS of draft picks & cap space to work with; $25 Mill plus! Just looking for a star or two to emerge? Someone to win our net long term? While we have some solid vets & are only 400 points out of playoffs?

This young depth of the future above is who we are!

Current Roster;

Tyler Bertuzzi   Marco Rossi   Anders Lee 

Nils Hoglander  Logan Cooley  Cam Atkinson

Connor Zary  Matthew Poitras  Kent Johnson 

Tanner Pearson  Ty Dellandrea TJ Oshie

Rasmus Kupari Niklas Backstrom Matt Martin                         Nik on IR

Brock Faber   Cale Makar

Henri Jokiharju Brandt Clarke

Jan Rutta   Erik Gudbranson

Eric Johnson

Justus Annunen

Anti Raanta

Draft Picks

Draft Picks 2024
1, 2, 2(CAR), 2(BUF), 3, 4, 4(BUF), 5

Draft Picks 2025
1, 2, 2(BUF), 4, 4(DAL), 5

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

image.jpeg.c591ab0df4d9f93bcec1c8a391acc596.jpeg

Your Dallas Stars Depth Chart Thursday, March 28th, 2024.

Forsberg, Carlsson, Terry

Byfield, Hertl, Raddysh

Katchouk, Holmberg, Silfverberg

Pezzetta, Kastelic, Duehr

Phillips

Hughes, Jones

Nurse, Raddysh

Lindell, Kessel

Timmins, Mermis

Filip Gustavsson
Karel Mejmelka

• Like 1

I think I made a mistake in that Joel Edmundson likely couldn't go down to the minors as his cap was too high? In any event, I would like Luke Hughes on the big club now, so to fascilitate that, in case i did mess up and he is currently in the minors:

Assignment: the Dallas Stars assign Matthew Kessel  to the Texas Stars. 

Recall: the Dallas Stars recall Luke Hughes from the Texas Stars.

I found a solve for my bad math of the other day:

Assignment: the Dallas Stars assign Matthew Phillips  to the Texas Stars.

Recall: the Dallas Stars recall Aku Raty from the Texas Stars.

NOW Joel Edmundson can be assigned to the minors from his waivers. please and thank you. Sincere Apologies on my failure to math. 

If this all works out, we should then be able to recall Matthew Kessel (he was just sent down to bring up Luke Hughes ten minutes ago) and all is well in my world. I think this is a good solve and I won't mess around with them anymore. SO sorry for the extra work. I hadn't considered Edmundson's large contract. 

• MillerTime 1