[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I remember who got Pettersson hooked on video games; I was Adam Guadette.

AHL first team Allstar Gaudette?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Love to see Pods get in, but gm1 it might be wise to emphasize vet-presence.

Not going to 2nd-guess their lineup, after the campaign we just saw the coaches pull off. How ever this series plays out, don't expect we'll ever question their preparation, nor motivation.

• Cheers 1

I love playoff hockey, going fishing tomorrow back by 6 in time for the game, hoping to see 2 months of this! Canucks will come out swinging, preds are pretenders, be happy you made now move out of our way as we march to the cup!

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don’t understand the love for DiGuiseppe. Podz offers way more out there. I think it’s a mistake. I just don’t see why DiGeseppe is even on the nhl team quite frankly.

Experience

282 NHL games

75 points 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Tocchet mention that he hopes there ain't no Snap Back penalties for either team. Some teams cheat more than others trying to draw penalties.  I'm glad we're not one of them. 

If a team snap backs against us, again, we should chant SNAP BACK.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don’t understand the love for DiGuiseppe. Podz offers way more out there. I think it’s a mistake. I just don’t see why DiGeseppe is even on the nhl team quite frankly.

He's another Megna, Ebbett, ect.  Does literally nothing useful and just wastes a roster spot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I think that's a good choice on Garland on PP 1

I don’t like Soucy on the powerplay. Pp2 doesn’t play much anyways but Soucy is a great defender, just doesn’t have much offensive flare. Would rather have Zadorav parked infront of the net

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I don’t like Soucy on the powerplay. Pp2 doesn’t play much anyways but Soucy is a great defender, just doesn’t have much offensive flare. Would rather have Zadorav parked infront of the net

Wth Tocc put Zad net front pp2

No brainer

5 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

That's an old school mentality to put a big body with no hands in front of net.  Zadorov is a defenceman through and through, and is better served dishing from the point.  Better to put someone who can reliably tip pucks or at least clean up rebounds.  Dakota Joshua would be a good example.  Höglander is small but he can also finish in front of the net.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

For whatever reason every coach in Van has to have a teachers pet.

24 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"Hands of Stone" Gaudette.

Maybe in the NHL, but he leads all AHL'ers in goals with 44 over 66 games.  None too shabby

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

I love playoff hockey, going fishing tomorrow back by 6 in time for the game, hoping to see 2 months of this! Canucks will come out swinging, preds are pretenders, be happy you made now move out of our way as we march to the cup!

I’m going fishing as well , lower mainland bass 

how about you ?

• Upvote 1

Just hoping for the boys to play their game for game 1.  Can't start running around and letting the adrenaline get them in trouble.  Stick to the system.  Game 1 win would be huge, let's go boys.

Man I'm just incredibly proud of this team for what they have accomplished this season. And whatever happens in this years playoffs I will forever be a fan. GCG!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reg said:

Man I'm just incredibly proud of this team for what they have accomplished this season. And whatever happens in this years playoffs I will forever be a fan. GCG!

We better come out to fight.This is different animal.No time to sleep in  first period ,and try to pick up in second and third.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

For whatever reason every coach in Van has to have a teachers pet.

Think this is just coaches in general. Have one of those hard working grinders on their team that they just fall in love with. Probably comes from the fact most coaches never really played high level hockey or were good secondary pieces. So they see a lot of themselves in the depth guys. Love PDG, but I don't think he should be in. But who knows, maybe Tocc's belief in him will bring something out of PDG. Playoffs can bring out something special in some players.

• Like 1