[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | April 26th, 4:30PM PT | Round 1, Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Pretty well called game so far.  Both teams playing scrambley, undisciplined hockey

We settled down a bit after skating around like headless chickens over the first 10 minutes. Getting the all-important first goal certainly helped, but we need to keep our focus and play our game.

Should start with strong forechecking in the neutral zone and cutting off the Preds' puck advances. Our coverage has been pretty loose for the most part and needs to be tightened up.

And then obviously, we need to score more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

I can see why. PDG has been killing alot of penalties this game. PODZ can't 

He’s also a part of the group that got hemmed in their zone to start the game and is not that fast. Podz I think has decent speed and he does create more out there but oh well Digeseppe is in the game so it is what it is. Like you said he does help kill penalties so it’s not terrible. I just think Podz needs the experience. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I don’t care Zadorov needs to be the first defencemen signed in the off-season, has come to play every playoff game.

Definitely sign him over paying $8  mill for Hronek. 

Horonek was very good first half of the regular season.  Last half of regular season his stats took a nose dive and he hasn't done much in the 3 playoffs games so far.

Zad has been a beast all 3 games. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Watching on US network. 

Intermission has Gretzky, Anson Carter, and Paul Bissonnette.

Gretzky had praise for Nux first period.  

Gretzky always praises the Canucks. He really wanted to play here and ownership truly botched it.

• Haha 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Definitely sign him over paying $8  mill for Hronek. 

Horonek was very good first half of the regular season.  Last half of regular season his stats took a nose dive and he hasn't done much in the 3 playoffs games so far.

Zad has been a beast all 3 games. 

Absolutely, especially since trading Hronek's rights brings back a decent return.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not even close.  The attempted major at the beginning alone should be grounds for immediate termination of employment, let alone the clear attempt to injure DeSmith.  Pretending this kind of BS is acceptable isn't the way to get the refs to stop disgracing the sport on a consistent basis.

Which was called and led to the Canucks first goal.  But, I know you're committed to the bit

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm still mad that no one handed Soucy a stick.

Dunno why our team is so hell bent on doing this stuff. 

"Help the team take away the most dangerous spot on the ice? Nah." 

Special teams success, solid goaltending - all great for defending their first period at home where you'd expect them to have the most intensity. Storm weathered and as teams settle more into the game, looking very strong for the Canucks.