New forum, new team, new year, so how about some new emojis?

Jester13

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

how about a Cheech? use that for fun in-game moments. 

Cheech would be a great solute to him and his legendary status. I love it. 

Also, I noticed you used the Vintage emoji on my post. Unfortunately, Vintage will not be joining us on this new forum, and that sucks, but I'd be down with replacing the Vintage goal light with @Ribs profile photo of Hal from 2001. He saved our community, and it would be a great salute to him for this new era.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Cheech would be a great solute to him and his legendary status. I love it. 

Also, I noticed you used the Vintage emoji on my post. Unfortunately, Vintage will not be joining us on this new forum, and that sucks, but I'd be down with replacing the Vintage goal light with @Ribs profile photo of Hal from 2001. He saved our community, and it would be a great salute to him for this new era.

I thought Vintage posted he may be here sometimes? it would suck for sure if he's gone for good. 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Upvote. Downvote and that’s it. The downvote keeps trolls like myself humble. 

yeah, I also prefer simplicity, but I'm pretty sure we're in the minority, so the new emojis are here to stay.

Edited by Rubik
  • Like 1

1) yes why not... LE pic is disturbing anyway, and other is redundant.

2) yes until further notice.... Hopefully never!!!

3) no (only because despite bruce is no longer here.  The image in itself holds true to the intention it's used for.  Until we come across a better option

4) undecided... Is a diamond really the best symbol for what you're describing?  Also, do we need that emoji at all?  A little obscure maybe?

As for Heffys suggestion of the minus coming back... First thought was yes.  But really, it's just not necessary.  There are other emojis that would be better.  Like a rolling of the eyes or a smug face would be better in my opinion.  

Thanks for bringing this subject up!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

1) yes why not... LE pic is disturbing anyway, and other is redundant.

2) yes until further notice.... Hopefully never!!!

3) no (only because despite bruce is no longer here.  The image in itself holds true to the intention it's used for.  Until we come across a better option

4) undecided... Is a diamond really the best symbol for what you're describing?  Also, do we need that emoji at all?  A little obscure maybe?

As for Heffys suggestion of the minus coming back... First thought was yes.  But really, it's just not necessary.  There are other emojis that would be better.  Like a rolling of the eyes or a smug face would be better in my opinion.  

Thanks for bringing this subject up!

Now that I've read a couple other post.... Yah I gotta agree, plus or minus and you can elaborate on your reasoning with a post.  Simple is better.

Further to my earlier post about what is an emoji and what is a reaction (the latter of which is what I think you're referring to):

8 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Hi friends,

If you're like me, you love the selection of emojis we have - they are a great source of giggles. It was suggested recently that Kuzy's confused face would be a great addition, but that got me thinking: adding emojis is always fun, but as the selection becomes larger and larger, what about subtracting some as well? I mean, it's a new forum, new year, new team; heck, even a new management and plan. Below are some suggestions. Feel free to agree or disagree, add your own ideas, etc.:

1. Suggestion: Add Kuzy as the new confused look and subtract Loui's, as well as remove the actual confused emoji. Reason: it's a new era, and we can help keep the number of emojis down by adding one and subtracting two, as I'm sure we can all agree that we don't want to have too many emojis to choose from.

We've never had a Loui emoji.  We've had a Loui reaction though.  It works fine as a "whaaaaa...?" reaction.

2. Suggestion: Subtract the tank. Reason: whether you like it or not, management is not tanking but rather going with this core until it's clear the core can't get it done. (We can always bring back the tank emoji if that time ever comes around again).

There was never a Tank emoji.  The Tank reaction represented "Tanks a lot" which is (from what I gathered) a tongue-in-cheek reaction to silliness.

3. Suggestion: Remove the Bruce Thereitis. Reason: We all love the guy, but I personally feel it's now time to move on from that debacle as well. Our new coaching staff is impressing basically all of us so far, so maybe it's time to also begin this new era with a fresh start.

I have no problem with the BTII reaction, but I can see how some people could find it unnecessary.  I also wouldn't mind a REEL GUD Willie DJ reaction either.  Or a Green "That's a good team over there" reaction, but I've always had a bit of a quirky taste for reactions.

4. Suggestion: Add a diamond emoji. Reason: Fight pressure with pressure is Tocc's mantra. When a poster mentions how a player had a good game, how a guy or the team fought back, or the team simply had a good game, this could be a great way to support the post in a way that represents this new era.

♦️🔶🔷🔸🔹💠

There's 6 emojis called "diamond" you can choose from already.  Ohhhh, you mean "reaction"... :hurhur:

I'll leave it here and allow for other suggestions, disagreements, or whatever, as I'm getting a little verklempt. Discuss...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Bring back the minus!

Why, so this place can become Reddit? The downvote murders all discussion on Reddit. The Wat reaction also kind of does this. People will just Wat reaction any opinion they disagree with. It's a literal discussion killer. Downvote dials that up to 11. We don't need that lazy garbage here.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1