[Report] Brind'Amour's future in Carolina up in the air

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Toronto is going to have a position open. Who will become the highest paid coach in the league, Berube or Brnd’amour?

Whomever goes to TO likely. 

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

This is the second year they've been considered contender's, and last year not a front runner.    Their window is now for sure.   Conference finals last year.   Not sure what you're getting at,  Rod's one of the best in the league and for sure a big reason why they are where they are (it's not a wowzers roster).    Last year Florida got lucky, that was the most tilted series i've watched since us against Vegas, Bobrovsky stole it for them. 

they are not front runners sure but they are considered as contenders for more than just these 2 years.. his regular season records is great.. his playoff records against good teams and not the freebies is atrocious.. outside of beating a 107 points bruins once.. they haven't really beaten any legit teams in the playoff. in series they were elminated in they have a combine record of 5-16... that's pretty awful in 4 series with 3 of those wins coming from 1 series.. is he a coach that's capable of making adjustment on the fly in a series against the good teams?? i haven't seen it yet the last few years. the only teams they have beaten in a series is preds bruins devils islander islander.. outside of the bruins.. none of those teams are impressive.. maybe the devils?? but i've always said the devils are not real and their goaltending will eventually fall apart which they did in the playoff and this year.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

they are not front runners sure but they are considered as contenders for more than just these 2 years.. his regular season records is great.. his playoff records against good teams and not the freebies is atrocious.. outside of beating a 107 points bruins once.. they haven't really beaten any legit teams in the playoff. in series they were elminated in they have a combine record of 5-16... that's pretty awful in 4 series with 3 of those wins coming from 1 series.. is he a coach that's capable of making adjustment on the fly in a series against the good teams?? i haven't seen it yet the last few years. the only teams they have beaten in a series is preds bruins devils islander islander.. outside of the bruins.. none of those teams are impressive.. maybe the devils?? but i've always said the devils are not real and their goaltending will eventually fall apart which they did in the playoff and this year.

If a coach is outperforming his roster, he's a good coach.   He's a great coach.    As a result picked Dallas CAR in the pre-season (going to the final, and well did again because not much had changed after the regular season).   They were by far the better team last playoffs but got stoned by Bobrovsky.   Too bad otherwise would have been a better final.

If you watched the games you'd understand.   Also missed their best goal scorer.    Still got to the final four.   He's one of the best in the league and has been for awhile now.   Where is this "contender for years" coming from?   They missed the playoffs for nine years and finally got some good players.   But no premier goalie, lost Hamilton, not a premier defense aside from Slavin.    And a rounded forward group.   They are a good team doing great things.   That's coaching.    Atrocious?    Sounds a tad dramatic.   They haven't been "contenders" until this year and that's because of making the final four.    Without Svechnikov.    

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

If a coach is outperforming his roster, he's a good coach.   He's a great coach.    As a result picked Dallas CAR in the pre-season (going to the final, and well did again because not much had changed after the regular season).   They were by far the better team last playoffs but got stoned by Bobrovsky.   Too bad otherwise would have been a better final.

If you watched the games you'd understand.   Also missed their best goal scorer.    Still got to the final four.   He's one of the best in the league and has been for awhile now.   Where is this "contender for years" coming from?   They missed the playoffs for nine years and finally got some good players.   But no premier goalie, lost Hamilton, not a premier defense aside from Slavin.    And a rounded forward group.   They are a good team doing great things.   That's coaching.    Atrocious?    Sounds a tad dramatic.   They haven't been "contenders" until this year and that's because of making the final four.    Without Svechnikov.    

again i never said he's not a good coach but this is a what have you done for me lately league, and it's fact that his playoff records against the better teams is pretty bad despite spending to the cap each year. so i'm not surprise carolina is waited

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Sounds like he's getting pressure from his coaching peers to shoot for more money

meh, its no ones business what a person wants to sign for. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

meh, its no ones business what a person wants to sign for. 

Perhaps, but at the same time I get it. If Brind'Amour is viewed as a top coach in the league and he settles for less because of his connection to Carolina that could very well bring down what other coaches are able to ask for. 

I remember hearing talk about the NHLPA not being happy with Burrows taking his 2M deal at the time for similar reasons. 

I read a book about Gordie Howe within the last eight years or so, I like reading the biographies or musicians and hockey players,  Gordie Howe also affected what players could ask for way back when, when players weren't making a ton of money. For the longest time he only asked for modest raises, and how could anyone justify asking for more than Howe? 

It might not be anyone's business, but at the end of the day negotiations around the league do affect other players and coaches. 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Perhaps, but at the same time I get it. If Brind'Amour is viewed as a top coach in the league and he settles for less because of his connection to Carolina that could very well bring down what other coaches are able to ask for. 

I remember hearing talk about the NHLPA not being happy with Burrows taking his 2M deal at the time for similar reasons. 

I read a book about Gordie Howe within the last eight years or so, I like reading the biographies or musicians and hockey players,  Gordie Howe also affected what players could ask for way back when, when players weren't making a ton of money. For the longest time he only asked for modest raises, and how could anyone justify asking for more than Howe? 

It might not be anyone's business, but at the end of the day negotiations around the league do affect other players and coaches. 

NHLPA is one thing, guys are not management. But in management I bristle at the idea of being told what to do. 

• Cheers 1

On 5/1/2024 at 6:44 PM, Reg said:

I believe Rod Brind' Amour has had a working relationship with Ron Francis (Seattle GM)? Perhaps that could be a potential landing spot if Brind' Amour is on the market.

Working and a personal relationship… they’re old buddies!