[Report] Brind'Amour's future in Carolina up in the air

I think he'd be a blank cheque signing for some teams.

I think if Carolina doesn't make it to the ECF, then maybe you don't re-sign him, but a great coach is an unbelievable asset for a team that wants to contend for the Cup.

• Cheers 2

I’m curious if the extension offer is collared where he gets X if they make the playoffs or win a round, Y if further and Z if he wins a cup. Let’s not forget they let Trotz walk in Washington after he won them a cup because they couldn’t agree on dollars.

Hey- Buffalo here is potentially another candidate for your head coaching job., maybe even John cooper comes available as well.

What- you already signed a head coach, without waiting to see who would be available?

Dummies.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Posted (edited)

Seattle? or Toronto after they lose out to the Bruins?

Edited by grumpyone
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Seattle? or Toronto after they lose out to the Bruins?

I was thinking Toronto as well. Keefe is most likely gone and they've got the wallet to go for the best available. He would do great with them which would suck. 

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I was thinking Toronto as well. Keefe is most likely gone and they've got the wallet to go for the best available. He would do great with them which would suck. 

they STILL don't have a #1 goalie and more than 2 good D-men

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DeltaSwede said:

Good lord, if the Leafs hire BrindaMour may as well shut Sportsnet off for a week. It will be an epic hire, the same as Keefe, same as Babcock, same as any old thing that club does. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Rod would get a seizure if he had to deal with Toronto's roster.

I think this just someone trying to rattle chains and get clicks.

Rod the Bods clipboard has more muscle than Marner and Matthews combined. Lol 

• Haha 3

I think New Jersey would make the most sense.  Talented group that took a step back last year due to poor coaching and goaltending.  Could also see LA if they get bounced by the Soilers yet again.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Carolina should stop playing with fire and just pay the man, they'd be hard pressed to find a coach of his caliber. 

Must be a personality clash, it's certainly not for a hockey reason.

I believe Rod Brind' Amour has had a working relationship with Ron Francis (Seattle GM)? Perhaps that could be a potential landing spot if Brind' Amour is on the market.

• Cheers 1

carolina is prolly waiting to see if rod can get the team over the hump.. i mean they have been a contenders for how many years now?? and they have 0 final appearance to show for it.

5 hours ago, Reg said:

I believe Rod Brind' Amour has had a working relationship with Ron Francis (Seattle GM)? Perhaps that could be a potential landing spot if Brind' Amour is on the market.

Seattle is definitely a good fit for Rod if Carolina doesn't re-sign him. He not only has he had a previous working relationship with Ron Francis (Brind'Amour was an assistant coach when Francis was Director of Hockey Operations) but they also played together on the Hurricanes where Rod wore an A while Francis was Captain.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

carolina is prolly waiting to see if rod can get the team over the hump.. i mean they have been a contenders for how many years now?? and they have 0 final appearance to show for it.

This is the second year they've been considered contender's, and last year not a front runner.    Their window is now for sure.   Conference finals last year.   Not sure what you're getting at,  Rod's one of the best in the league and for sure a big reason why they are where they are (it's not a wowzers roster).    Last year Florida got lucky, that was the most tilted series i've watched since us against Vegas, Bobrovsky stole it for them. 

Edited by IBatch

4 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Seattle is definitely a good fit for Rod if Carolina doesn't re-sign him. He not only has he had a previous working relationship with Ron Francis (Brind'Amour was an assistant coach when Francis was Director of Hockey Operations) but they also played together on the Hurricanes where Rod wore an A while Francis was Captain.

Plus he's a BC boy.   I'm sure he'd be happy to work with his old running mate too.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rekker said:

Rod the Bods pinky has more muscle than Marner and Matthews combined. Lol 

FTFY.   The idea that players are "in much better shape now"  is ... not true.

IMG_4009.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1