[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Thanks. 

However, the article says that there are operational restrictions, meaning, they can’t afford to program buses with every ‘team’ any more, since they’ve programmed more priority message codes. 

Again, what does it really matter if a

bus is ‘cheering’ on any team? 

Is that really a necessary cost for a public company to make when fares are going up and Translink’s fiscal budget is falling off a cliff? 

I personally don't really need the help to cheer on the team but I do call out stupidity when I see it. In that sense I get the questions.

What a dumb world we live in when they can't just update it, or it costs that much to change a digital sign. 😂 Holy that's criminally stupid. And they "thought it was to inclusive", notion is mentally stupid.

The travesty, lol

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

try Petey with Miller n Brock for a few shifts  imo

They have.. ? I recall hearing Shorty say the lotto line is out there a few times.. 

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

YVR Airport is stoked even if Translink isn't.

YVR-CANUCKS-TOWER-332x500.jpg

YVR is a fixed place that spend a few thousands on a banner. 

Translink would need to ‘code’ every bus in their fleet from Surrey to Vancouver. 

And it’s Public money for Translink. 

Think about it. 

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

They have.. ? I recall hearing Shorty say the lotto line is out there a few times.. 

ya didn’t work. Maybe if they played a whole two periods together 

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yet they could do it before but they can't now?

Sounds like the No Fun folks are in charge.

oh great, now gas is going to go up 4.2 cents per litre for "Translink sign change administration fee"

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I personally don't really need the help to cheer on the team but I do call out stupidity when I see it. In that sense I get the questions.

What a dumb world we live in when they can't just update it, or it costs that much to change a digital sign. 😂 Holy that's criminally stupid. And they "thought it was to inclusive", notion is mentally stupid.

The travesty, lol

It costs a lot to recode every bus in the entire fleet. 

How much public tax money are you wanting to spend to go from ‘Go Team Go’ to specifically code ‘Go Canucks/Lions/WhiteCaps/etc Go’ ? 

Just asking for Property tax homeowners and fuel tax car/truck drivers. 

People don’t think one nor two steps ahead. 

Well Mr. Pettersson, you said you wanted to win.

Tonight would be a good time to demonstrate just how important winning really is to you. 

Time to put your money where your mouth is. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

YVR is a fixed place that spend a few thousands on a banner. 

Translink would need to ‘code’ every bus in their fleet from Surrey to Vancouver. 

And it’s Public money for Translink. 

Think about it. 

They would need to code every bus individually? That is not what I understand from 3 (2 current and 1 former) Translink employees I have asked today. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It costs a lot to recode every bus in the entire fleet. 

How much public tax money are you wanting to spend to go from ‘Go Team Go’ to specifically code ‘Go Canucks/Lions/WhiteCaps/etc Go’ ? 

Just asking for Property tax homeowners and fuel tax car/truck drivers. 

People don’t think one nor two steps ahead. 

All of it.   Calculate the extra production just by spirits rising.   Worth it. 

Edited by IBatch

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yet they could do it before but they can't now?

Sounds like the No Fun folks are in charge.

It’s a financial cost. Budgets are already stretched. Translink is begging for funding from the Mayor’s Council, to the Provincial Government and to the Federal Government. 

40 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Thanks. 

However, the article says that there are operational restrictions, meaning, they can’t afford to program buses with every ‘team’ any more, since they’ve programmed more priority message codes. 

Again, what does it really matter if a

bus is ‘cheering’ on any team? 

Is that really a necessary cost for a public company to make when fares are going up and Translink’s fiscal budget is falling off a cliff? 

It's old news anyways.

Yes the buses used to say "Go Canucks Go" during the playoffs but that changed quite some time ago.

Definitely the bubble playoffs and perhaps before that as well.

• Cheers 1