[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

7 minutes ago, tas said:

and yet the teams' respective records were nearly identical in that timeframe. 

The Oil had a 16 game win streak after the all-star break and almost caught up to us this season. They are beatable but it won’t come easy and we need Petey to wake up, Silovs to be a God, our D to pound them, Miller and Lindholm to frustrate their top 2, and disciplined play to minimize penalties. Cakewalk.

Feeling very stressed about this game 😬  Losing playoff games (and a series) is gut-wrenching, I want the Canucks to win so badly, to prove all the naysayers wrong. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuck You said:

One major factor that is being over-looked in this series is......We get one anthem!  🫡

That will save 30’ of the pregame. Especially when some hobo with a guitar is meandering his way through the Star Spangled Bladder. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steviewonder20 said:

The Oil had a 16 game win streak after the all-star break and almost caught up to us this season. They are beatable but it won’t come easy and we need Petey to wake up, Silovs to be a God, our D to pound them, Miller and Lindholm to frustrate their top 2, and disciplined play to minimize penalties. Cakewalk.

somebody recently posted both teams' records in the last 30 games and there was 2 points difference. 

5 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

One major factor that is being over-looked in this series is......We get one anthem!  🫡

I'd be fine with Elisabeth singing it twice. 🥰

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Honestly ,  run at the Oilers and they all becomes singular egos losing their composure.

Just hope the refs make the first call and don’t start doubling down waiting for retaliatory penalties.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Honestly ,  run at the Oilers and they all becomes singular egos losing their composure.

Just hope the refs make the first call and don’t start doubling down waiting for retaliatory penalties.

I'd be pretty happy if they left their whistles back at the hotel. The power play is not our friend in any scenario. Stay outa the box, beat 'em 5 on 5

My best buddy on my hockey team is an Oilers fan. We play on a line together. I doubt we will be passing to each other much tonight. lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Is it just me, or does he look scared.

pJAfYGR4?format=jpg&name=small

Well, picture is cropped so no one can see the brown shorts

Oh man this Spittin Chicklets (Whitney/Murls) Canucks rivalry is so good.   Im VERY bored w local media’s analysis of this team, so if the Canucks can make a series of it the S.C breakdown of the games will actually be pretty interesting.  

Just now, Shift-4 said:

My best buddy on my hockey team is an Oilers fan. We play on a line together. I doubt we will be passing to each other much tonight. lol

Shoot a puck at his ass so he has to sit on an ice-pack.

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, the idea that if Daniel punched Marchand in the face we win the Cup is naive and silly. They beat us by scoring more.

That stuff distracted us, and got us off of our game.

Gamesmanship 101

So to summarize:

- Canucks beat oilers 4 times this season

- Canucks had almost identical record in last 30 games as the oilers

-Canucks eliminated a team that had a higher point / win percentage and better PP than the oilers since the all star break

But according to the national media muppets we will be lucky to see the Canucks make this a 6 game series.  I know that McLotto and his angry side kick lit up 50 yr old talbot and Big save/sore Dave on the Power Play, but the lack of respect is rather comical. I love the hot air!

McDavid is such a shiny trinket for them that they think hes bound to win a cup...all the pressure is on them!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1