[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 8th, 7:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 1 (Series tied 0-0)

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Is it just me, or does he look scared.

pJAfYGR4?format=jpg&name=small

Miller out scored Mcdavid in their one on one ice time together 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agkr3w said:

Its the psychological message it sends that going to your house (crease) is easy. Have to box out and stand and block the opposing team from even smelling your goalie. It's why every team does it. 

Which is exactly why I said that.  Then, when the whistle blows you skate away

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

So to summarize:

- Canucks beat oilers 4 times this season

- Canucks had almost identical record in last 30 games as the oilers

-Canucks eliminated a team that had a higher point / win percentage and better PP than the oilers since the all star break

But according to the national media muppets we will be lucky to see the Canucks make this a 6 game series.  I know that McLotto and his angry side kick lit up 50 yr old talbot and Big save/sore Dave on the Power Play, but the lack of respect is rather comical. I love the hot air!

McDavid is such a shiny trinket for them that they think hes bound to win a cup...all the pressure is on them!

Should also add to that LAs record in the last quarter. A higher percentage of their points were tallied in the first quarter of the season when they were looking like a powerhouse. The Oilers faced a Kings team that fizzled.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That stuff distracted us, and got us off of our game.

Gamesmanship 101

Marchand was a 5 ft nothing punk ass rookie punching the top scorer in the league in a 5-2 game with 2 minutes left in the game. Do you think he would have any teeth left if he did that to Hughes on this current team? Or Bure on the 94 team? Bure would destroy the rat himself mind

• Vintage 1

I think Round 1 against NSH was a lot of VAN players getting their feet wet, first "real" playoff games for some. Lots of nerves.

Now that Round 1 is done, the teams have settled in, and I think this VAN-EDM series could be a war. I don't expect any passengers in this round.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Darius said:

So to summarize:

- Canucks beat oilers 4 times this season

- Canucks had almost identical record in last 30 games as the oilers

-Canucks eliminated a team that had a higher point / win percentage and better PP than the oilers since the all star break

But according to the national media muppets we will be lucky to see the Canucks make this a 6 game series.  I know that McLotto and his angry side kick lit up 50 yr old talbot and Big save/sore Dave on the Power Play, but the lack of respect is rather comical. I love the hot air!

McDavid is such a shiny trinket for them that they think hes bound to win a cup...all the pressure is on them!

60% of those same muppets had Toronto winning the series that they lost. Keep that in mind. There's no reason to take them or their predictions seriously. Tune it out, because you know the Canucks already have.

Edited by PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I think Round 1 against NSH was a lot of VAN players getting their feet wet, first "real" playoff games for some. Lots of nerves.

Now that Round 1 is done, the teams have settled in, and I think this VAN-EDM series could be a war. I don't expect any passengers in this round.

Good thing Vancouver is coming into this war with the heavier artillery. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Should also add to that LAs record in the last quarter. A higher percentage of their points were tallied in the first quarter of the season when they were looking like a powerhouse. The Oilers faced a Kings team that fizzled.

Don’t forget we’re missing our #1 goalie and Petey is off, follow the money, what the do bookies say, all home team emotion aside that’s what I’d go with as the favorite. Honestly though, does it really matter what anyone thinks or how they analyze the match up?

27 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Is there the round for super mik to start scoring? It is humpday.

Mike Mike Mike GIF by Priya

man i hope so.  would be awesome to see some of the snake bitten nucks pull the team to victory

• Cheers 1

I wouldn't mind seeing this against the Oilers at some point if Toch needs to switch things up. Miller line has been good, EP needs to get going and Lindholm has the potential to contain McDavid. Plus Hogs driving his own line could potentially get him into buzzsaw mode again (I think him and Blueger together has promise).

Suter Miller Boeser

Garland EP DJ

Mik Lindholm Podz

Laff Blueger Hogs

7 hours ago, Bob Long said:

this could just be a way to try to get Petey more space, get them all worried you'll get the flu if you get too close to Petey 😄

The Philly Flu returns decades later with a reverse variant!

• ThereItIs 1