[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

5 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

Not super impressed with how Boeser and Miller have played the last couple of games. No scoring chances from them really. Cant win a game like that

Honestly, Hughes hasn’t been great either. He hasn’t been beetling around the offensive zone and breaking down coverage. 

8 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Worst game of the season. Inexcusable effort in an elimination game. Not a single player had a good game 

How do we respond? Our season hangs in the balance 

I hope we didn't run out of gas

Just now, LaBamba said:

Honestly, Hughes hasn’t been great either. He hasn’t been beetling around the offensive zone and breaking down coverage. 

I said during the season. Going to be very VERY HARD to win a cup with our top 2 players being the softest players in the show. Him and Pettersson are probably the weakest players in the NHL. Amazingly skilled players during the regular season even they aren’t touched. Playoffs are a different story. Refs will never be on the Nucks side. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

This was an experience year and I’m frustrated but just come and come with better effort next game and I don’t care if we lose. Just don’t be like tonight at home or it’s an embarrassing last game of the year.

I will of course be very happy they win and really hoping that is the case - should they unfortunately lose, fans will salute them at centre ice - players remember and appreciate it.

If you lose in your opponents barn, it hurts a bit more with fans jumping up down / other team celebrating.  Think positive and really support the boyz on Monday.

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Cheers 1

I can’t believe what I just watched. Just an atrocious effort up and down the entire lineup. We HANDED them that game. I don’t want to hear about how great Edmonton’s top players were, how their sense of urgency was so much greater. Ours was NONEXISTENT. At no point did I feel like we posed even a remote threat to cut the deficit. Tocchet should be ripping this team to pieces for that effort. This was something the Leafs would do. 

Now, here’s the positive. If we can channel one more great effort, I’m pretty sure we’ll win the series. Nobody will care that we laid a total egg in game 6 if we win game 7. It’s one game, how do we want our season to be remembered?

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Very few guys had a good game. 

No need to scapegoat them. 

Did any? I can't think of a single good performance. It was so bad I can't even believe what I saw. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Canucks PP has been abysmal. Shoot the fucking puck.

Perimeter play all game, how do you get 15 shots on a goalie you chased in his last game?

The fact we had zero shots on 1st 2 powerplays, I feel that got to the players heads and lost focus. 

They should of known Oilers were gonna throw everything but the sink, and the Oilers did just that.